Senior Human Resources Generalist
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
Under general supervision, implements human resources programs and policies. This includes staffing, compensation, employee relations, and training programs for assigned locations or groups. Ensures compliance with federal/state employment guidelines.
- Administer all company human resource policies for the Stop Loss Group
- Provide guidance, consultation, and staff assistance to management concerning staffing, employee relations, and training and development matters.
- Develop close relationships with client leadership and HR staff in order to understand business unit needs and to develop effective HR solutions.
- Partners with HR Director and Talent Acquisition to ensure the staffing projections are up-to-date and positions are posted and filled successfully.
- Ensure proper orientation and on-boarding for new hires.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist managers of assigned work groups in determining appropriate pay rates.
- Partner with HR Director to conduct management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and anti-harassment.
- Partner with HR Director to successfully execute annual talent review process.
- Coordinate with HR Assistant the preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons for separations.
- Develop and distribute reports for HR projects or functions using the selected tools for HR reporting.
- Lead HR projects as assigned.
- Travel to Corporate office and other Regions as needed for training and special events.
- Other relevant duties and projects may be assigned.
Certifications, Licenses, and Designations
- Preferred General HR-related certification preferred (e.g., SPHR/PHR or SHRM-CSP/SCP)
Education and Experience
- 5 +Years Relevant and progressive professional experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Talent acquisition experience is a plus
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to communicates effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Ability to attract top talent; attract and select the best talent to meet current and future needs
- Ability to optimize work processes; knowledge of the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.