Tax Analyst - Houston, TX
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry experts.
Do you want to be part of a highly collaborative and professional Tax team? If you have a passion for accounting and tax and are ready for a rewarding new challenge with career growth opportunities then we have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Analyst in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX. This is an office-based position which qualifies for our Dynamic Working policy, that is, after an initial onboarding period you are eligible to work from home one day per week.
The Tax Analyst prepares federal and state income tax returns, estimated taxes, income tax accruals, and return-to-provision computations for a large consolidated multinational group of entities. Responds to state and IRS notices, information document requests, and completes special projects as requested. They will work closely with other employees in the department and will report to the Tax Manager.
- Maintain tax records and prepare and review federal and state income tax returns.
- An estimated 40% of the time will be spent on federal tax returns, 30% on state tax returns and the remaining 30% on provision work.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual tax accruals and return-to-provision computations.
- Effectively respond to notices and audit inquiries from the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Maintain tax depreciation records.
- Prepare and record income tax related journal entries.
- Research and document issues related to various technical tax and US GAAP topics.
- Experience: Ideally, the successful candidate will have minimum of two years of relevant and progressive Federal and State Tax.
- Public accounting Tax experience in a large firm preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Good understanding of US GAAP tax accounting concepts.
- Experience with specialized income tax software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Overtime hours may be required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or completed parts preferred.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a fair salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.