Treaty Claims Adjuster
Job Title: Treaty Claims Adjuster
Reporting to: Claims Manager
Location: Aldgate, City of London
Position type: 35 hrs p/w (3 days in the office, 2 days home)
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
The successful individual will be joining a highly motivated reinsurance claims team of 5, working on cross-class claims with a focus on Property/Engineering and A&H.
You will be reporting to the Claims Manager in the day to day operation and control of the claims function. To ensure that claims are processed and settled in a timely and equitable manner, whilst constantly striving to develop and improve service and quality standards.
- Acting within an agreed claims handling authority across a varied portfolio of claims and upholding the departmental objectives.
- Receiving and acting upon first notifications, updates, determining coverage and agreeing valid claims.
- Handling claims electronically via ECF and engaging in market meetings and conference calls when necessary.
- Notifying and reporting claims notifications to underwriters and senior management where necessary.
- Ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times.
- Practice and promote at all times Tokio Marine HCC's core values, to both internal and external contacts alike.
- Adhering to Lloyd's Minimum Standards
- Undertake other ancillary work including static claims, diary management and other project work as and when required.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- 3+ years experience in handling Reinsurance/Treaty claims.
- An excellent knowledge of ECF and the Lloyd’s Claims Schemes
- Experience in the London market as a claims handler, broker, loss adjuster, or other relevant capacity is required.
- Enthusiastic and possess good technical knowledge with a willingness to learn and work together with the wider team to provide excellent service levels.
- Ability to work pro-actively with good organisational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Qualified or studying towards ACII qualification
What We Offer
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.