HR Manager - Germany & Denmark (m/f)
With offices around the world and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance, Tokio Marine HCC (“TM HCC”) is a leading specialty insurance group. Our products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts. Since its founding in 1974, we have achieved an outstanding record of growth and profitability.
HR Manager – Germany & Denmark (m/f)Permanent contract, full-time
The Human Resources team provide generalist and specialist expertise and have a positive and well-respected relationship with the business. We work closely with our European and UK counterparts as well as HR colleagues in our parent company based in Houston.
The Human Resource Manager position is a broad, generalist role partnering an exciting growing business with all the challenges that can be expected in a highly competitive, dynamic market. This role is part of the local Senior Management Team a with an opportunity and is a trusted advisor to the business helping them shape and deliver best in class people solutions.
The purpose of this role is to provide advice to the business on a full spectrum of people related topics; employee relations, team structure, talent development, performance and pay. In addition to ensuring that HR procedures, systems, processes and controls are maintained to a high level of accuracy.
The HR Manager will have the opportunity to work on various projects, working collaboratively with HR colleagues in Europe, UK and the US.
Based in either Düsseldorf, Frankfurt or Munich, the HR Manager – Germany & Denmark is expected to frequently travel to the other German offices and Copenhagen, as well as to occasionally travel to other European offices such as Luxembourg, London, Paris and Barcelona, and to Houston (USA).
Key responsibilities include:
• Build strong working relationships with senior leaders and managers to become a trusted business partner, using commercial acumen to provide appropriate and relevant expert advice and guidance on all people related topics.
• Keep up to date with employment legislation, working with the HR Manager – Europe to implement changes to policies when required and ensuring that these are consistently applied
• Partner managers when dealing with employee relations cases, offering expert advice and support, escalating to the HR Manager – Europe when necessary
• Be responsibility for managing all cyclical HR activities within the business teams, such as recruitment, onboarding of new hires, probationary review, performance review, pay cycles, talent reviews, engagement surveys etc. ensuring that managers and employees are well informed and that these are delivered within agreed parameters and timelines
• Identify learning and development needs and solutions, delivering learning solutions and presentations as required
• Manage the employee on-boarding process from offer stage through to first day induction
• Partner the business and the HR Manager - Europe by providing input to resource strategies for the business teams and supporting with interviews as required
• Maintaining data in all HR systems to a high degree of accuracy e.g. Workday
• Guiding managers and employees on policy and procedure related to family care such as maternity, paternity and parental leave
• Providing expert knowledge on Diversity & Inclusion, Wellness and CSR
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements such as GDPR, IDD, Risk and Compliance activities to meet the companies’ commitments
• Managing the leavers process including exit interviews, IT access and changes.
• Provide HR metrics to HR Manager – Europe and TME HR Metrics Coordinator
• Ensure that HR administration is handled to a high quality and efficient standard
• Taking an active role in various project groups, working closely with colleagues in the wider HR team.
• Developing and maintaining up to date the HR Intranet and other HR related systems as required
• Providing advice and guidance to managers in respect of salary benchmarking and market trends
• Close Cooperation with the Danish Branch Manager regarding all employee matters such as recruitment, payroll, employee relations, company cars and all other administrative tasks
• Supporting the HR Manager - Europe with ad-hoc tasks and duties as required from time to time
• Providing cover for other members of the European HR team as required
• Company Car Management in close cooperation with the Finance Department
In addition to the Core HR Responsibilities the HR Manager is responsible for:
• HR related Health & Safety processes and procedures
• Company Pension Scheme Management and PSVaG reports
• Yearly Salary & Bonus rounds in collaboration with the Branch Managers and the HR Manager Europe
• HR related Year End Closing according to national law
• Maintaining close cooperation with the local employers' association of the insurance industry
Skills and Experience Specification
• At least 5 years relevant and progressive generalist HR experience, preferably in a stand-alone position
• Qualified to degree level, preferably in a HR-related discipline
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German and English. Danish would be an advantage.
• A good working knowledge of employment legislation and HR policies and processes
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and analytical skills
• Well-practiced communication and influencing skills
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to resolve issues demonstrating good judgement
• Positive can-do attitude
• Attention to detail and a pride in accuracy
• High pace and resilience to adapt to growing business needs and expanding priorities.
• Good IT skills with Microsoft Office and HR related systems such as Workday
• Willing and able to travel in Europe as required
• Work experience in the insurance industry or financial services is an advantage
• Experience in working within a matrix organization and multicultural environment