Entry Level Software Engineer
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s over 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts
We have an exciting Entry level IT opportunity in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX. The incumbent will work as part of a highly motivated and passionate applications development team to design, build and test software applications using industry standard application development and automation toolsets. TMHCC takes great pride in bringing in strong Entry level IT talent. This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization with a progressive culture.
- Interpret business requirements and define technical alternatives, tools, and platforms.
- Ensure design and development incorporate reliability, security, serviceability, maintainability, usability, performance factors, business objectives, and overall level of quality.
- Make recommendations on priorities, design changes, improvements, and problem resolution that impact the team or department and support the changing business needs.
- Control own work priorities and participate in development of plans/schedules/cost objectives for assigned projects/team.
- Document test plans and record test results.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS / Computer Science / Information Technology/ Computer Engineering/ Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Experience in analysis, design and development of applications, alongside experience of developing reusable code
- Experience in one or more of the following practices: process modeling, data modeling, systems development methodologies, performance tuning, application monitoring
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a commitment to delivering high quality on-time outputs
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office 365 (ex. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.