Entry Level Underwriting Assistant
Do you want to help underwrite unique solutions for Crisis Management? Not your regular health or auto insurance – We have an exciting opportunity for a Crisis Management Underwriting/Production Assistant in our Mt. Kisco, NY office. This position can also be based in Wakefield, MA.
Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group, a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, is a market leader in providing specialized insurance products for the sports, entertainment and promotional industries. We provide an unmatched portfolio of products including event cancellation, high limit disability, kidnap and ransom, weather, travel, event liability and much more. We cover major sports and entertainment events, professional athletes and entertainers and other unique assets.
Tokio Marine HCC Specialty’s Crisis Management Division provides Kidnap and Ransom, Product Recall, and Restaurant Recovery Insurance. As a Crisis Management Underwriting/Production Assistant, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team of underwriters and play a key role in the results and strategy of the product.
- Process new submissions: During the first 60 days, learn how to process new submissions received, including: assigning a quote number, conducting an OFAC search, and tasking to the appropriate underwriter.
- Handle renewal solicitations: During the first 60 days handle monthly renewal solicitations by reaching out to brokers for renewal data. May also assist underwriters in the preparation of risk profiles and quote letters.
- Become fully acquainted with the product: During the first 90 days, develop an understanding of Crisis Management policies and endorsements.
- Provide administrative support: On an ongoing basis, help underwriters in the preparation of risk profiles, quote letters, binders and assist production team with global entries, policy write ups and policy issuance and other tasks, as needed.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive office/clerical experience, or equivalent education.
What we can give you:
Hybrid and flexible work schedules available
Generous time off policy
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.