Accounts Receivable Specialist
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 2,600 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Specialist in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
- Apply cash receipts, process maintenance transactions and image documentation.
- Perform collection activities on past due accounts and follow-up with broker/agents.
- Issue Notices of Cancellation and monthly statements to brokers.
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and premium finance companies (PFCs). Respond to both brokers’ and PFC’s inquiries; and resolve issues and discrepancies
- Prepare journal entries, vouchers, account statements, reports, and review for accuracy.
- Reconcile general ledger AR and bank accounts.
- Extract and analyze general ledger information for use in research analysis and reports.
- Provide ad hoc information and data analysis as requested to support both current work and special projects.
- Assist manager in the monthly close process.
- Assist manager with the broker/agent 1099 filing process.
- Communicate and explain work procedures to less experienced co-workers.
- UAT testing for new products, system conversions and upgrades.
- Recommend solutions to process or service obstacles and contribute to ongoing process improvement.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.