HR Business Partner
Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) brings 49 years of service to the specialty insurance industry, today offering over 100 products to commercial customers in 180 countries around the world. Organic growth and over 60 successful acquisitions have grown our 2022 Gross Written Premium (GWP) to $5 Billion. Our workforce has grown to 4,300 worldwide … big, but not so big that you cannot make a difference. Our Good Company values, including integrity, empowerment, and commitment to customer service, and a culture of innovation, communication, and collaboration make TMHCC a great place to work.
Live out the collaborative culture of TMHCC by participating in our hybrid culture including 3 days of onsite work per week.
Closely partner with the Human Resources team and HR Director to support the CPLG insurance group. You will reinforce the practice of human resource programs and policies analyze compensation reviews, support employee relations and ensuring compliance with federal/state employment regulations for the headquarters office in Encino, CA, and regional offices across North America.
How will success be measured:
- During the first 30 days: Gain an understand of the company business, HR policies and procedures including Employee Handbook, business policies, and internal practices. Demonstrate urgency and understanding of organizational structures.
- During the first 90 days: Ability to identify and support basic Employee Relations issues independently. Facilitate conversations and concerns with senior leadership team. Add value through ad hoc support where needed in HR Directors or other team members absence.
- During the first 180 days and beyond: Demonstrate ability to identify business problems and trends. Co-lead Performance Management and refresher sessions about other HR topics throughout the year with HR Director. Lead all basic employee relations, and support HR Director on all complex ER circumstances. Lead HR Initiatives independently providing full relief to the HR department.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws including depth in CA employment law.
- Experience in an enterprise environment supporting a large employee population.
- Exceptional business acumen, including experience with diverse populations and all levels of leadership.
- Strong time management skills and well-practiced at delivering on competing priorities, follow through, and execution.
- Ability to manage expectations, communicate effectively and own your area of expertise, bringing significant ROI to the role.
Travel: 10% domestic travel based on the need
Work Schedule: Hybrid 3 days per week required
CA Residents Only
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the reasonable pay range for this specific position is CA $85,500 – $135,500 annually. The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the Company. The Company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of color, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local pay equity laws. The salary range is the range THMCC, in good faith, believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future, and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the pay range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market and business considerations.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.