NPAS Programme – Finance Business Analyst (Finance Workstream)
TMHCC is running a programme of change (NPAS) that will address significant pain points and transform policy administration capability across the organisation’s lines of business including servicing and administration provided by the Finance function.
A critical piece of work is underway to define the end-to-end target state architecture which will deliver against the expected business outcomes. As this work progresses and sufficient knowledge, certainty and agreement is gained, projects are mobilised to select technology options (if appropriate) and or commence delivery of end-to-end solutions for prioritised business areas. Core Finance capabilities must be delivered in tandem with each project and end-to-end solution.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Business Analyst to join the existing project team and drive the analysis required to support the end-to-end delivery of the Finance project as part of the wider programme. A deep understanding of finance processes within general insurance is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in similar previous roles, possibly be a qualified accountant and be able to hit the ground running in a fast-moving environment.
- Working closely with Finance stakeholders to understand the business, Finance requirements, capabilities and processes.
- Representing Finance to ensure the target solution and deliverables will meet requirements.
- Facilitating business workshops as required to understand and extract requirements and specify user stories, ensuring they meet best practice standards for successful delivery through the software development life cycle.
- Supporting the end-to-end successful delivery of user stories, working closely with onshore and offshore teams including third party resources.
- Creating clear and concise deliverables to ensure project objectives are well understood and successfully completed.
- Providing and sharing knowledge, experience and ideas to help drive the team forwards.
- Establishing effective communication and collaboration across all impacted areas and stakeholders.
Skills and Experience Specification:
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Finance Business Analyst with a software delivery focus. It would also suit someone with a history of working within Finance on policy administration system implementations.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Finance Business Analyst within the general insurance industry, ideally within Specialty and London Markets.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to quickly establish rapport with stakeholders and technical SME personnel at all levels.
- Ability to explore and challenge sensitively, mindful of organizational history and culture.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end policy journey and the Finance and insurance business capability model.
- Excellent documentation skills to create clear business requirements, user stories and or visual representations to support delivery.
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC under different methodologies, with experience of working within Finance on multiple end-to-end implementations as part of a large programme.
- Good understanding of and exposure to Finance technologies within the insurance market would be an advantage.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.