Claims Litigation Representative
Tokio Marine HCC – Surety Group, a member of the Tokio Marine Group of Companies, has an opportunity for a Claims Litigation Representative in our Claims Department at our Orange, CA office.
Do others compliment you for your writing skills?
Do you have a knack for bringing calm to tense situations?
Are you familiar with contracts and courtrooms?
We are looking for an individual to join our Claims team to monitor surety bond claims from start to finish. While maintaining respect and professionalism, the Litigation Representative will communicate internally and externally with multiple parties including attorneys and claimants.
This position will be responsible for:
- Monitoring pending litigation.
- Representing the company in court hearings.
- Analyzing attorney drafts and communicating with senior management about issues of concern.
- Working with the Claims team to settle cases.
Performance Objectives and Timeline
- During the first 30 days: Learn surety bond terminology and concepts. Become familiar with the internal Claims team and external partners. Learn department processes and systems. Research claim files and work with attorneys to resolve cases.
- During the first 3 months: Assist attorneys with case strategies. Attend court hearings including mediations, settlement conferences, and trials.
- During the first 6 months and beyond: Become accustomed to the ebbs and flows of the claims process, and pitch in to help others on the team when needed. Monitor cases while using judgement to recognize issues that need to be brought to the attention of senior management.
Experience & Education
- Exposure to legal proceedings, insurance, or law school
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Up to 10% of travel to local and regional hearings
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.