Reinsurance Performance Manager
Reinsurance Performance Manager
Location: 40 Lime Street, London, EC3M 5BS
Reporting to: Head of Underwriting Performance – London Market
To lead Reinsurance Performance Management for the London Market lines of business. The position will work alongside key stakeholders to develop, execute and report on reinsurance purchasing. This will include liaising with executive management (CEO and CUO), line underwriters, claims, operations and reinsurance accounting, along with head of UW and RI performance, reinsurance wordings experts and brokers.
Key Performance indicators:
- By the end of the first renewal season the successful candidate will have produced a detailed summary of the reinsurance programmes purchased across the TMHCC London Market lines of business. This will include comparisons with last year’s programmes in terms of cost and coverage. A high-level summary will also have been produced for the TMHCC board.
- The candidate will have become a key point of contact for brokers and will have ensured that the reinsurance arrangements reported to management reflects the executed slip wordings.
- The candidate will liaise with other departments in TMHCC and be able to speak knowledgably about the reinsurance programme, including being able to calculate and communicate the expected reinsurance recovery from a given scenario. They will be able to review output from other TMHCC departments e.g., booked premium spend or recoveries and be able to accurately check this against their expectation.
- Key point of contact for internal stakeholders, brokers and reinsurers.
- Assist with structuring and pricing of reinsurance contracts and influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop key reinsurance summaries and schematics to provide to stakeholders.
- Produce reinsurance purchasing and strategy reports for the Executive and the Board.
- Maintain repository of all XoL and QS outwards reinsurance contracts and ensure accuracy of schematics and summaries.
- Monitor actual spend vs expected spend and budgets.
- Develop reporting requirements to improve/build reinsurance performance reporting suite.
- Work with reinsurance wordings expert and provide input into drafting and review of reinsurance contracts, slips, wordings, and clauses. Assist with ensuring receipt of evidence of cover from the brokers and that reinsurance markets are approved by the TMHCC Reinsurance Security Committee (Houston).
- Manage underwriting and executive approvals and signoffs.
- Assist claims department with estimating reinsurance recoveries and reinsurance advices to the brokers and reinsurers.
- Monitor collateral positions where appropriate and provide input and calculations for expected or requested collateral releases.
- Assist various areas of the business with scenario analyses to help estimate net positions, ensuring net loss estimates are consistent with contract wordings.
- Liaise with Lloyd’s or other regulators regarding reinsurance purchase or strategy where required.
- Review summary exhibits (produced by Claims) of gross and net loss positions to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with Actuarial and Risk teams to ensure reinsurance programmes are accurately represented in the capital model (Houston, London and Japan).
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience and expertise in reinsurance placement and execution.
- Strong numerical skills and high attention to detail.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Power BI or other data visualisation software preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent presentational skills and organizational skills
- Professional approach and delivery of work product.
- Energy, enthusiasm, persistence and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders throughout the business.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.