Business Change Project Manager
TMHCC has a dynamic and fast-moving change portfolio and have recently introduced a business change function to support managing this change portfolio in a scalable and manageable way.
In respect of that, we are recruiting for a business project manager to support the business delivering change to drive growth and support the change agenda. This is the genesis of a business change team which be accountable for the delivery of change across all areas of the business and across all aspects of the operating model.
Main Function of the Role
Working in the Business change team and with key stakeholders, as well as other change functions (IT, Finance, UW) Business Project Managers are there to deliver the specific project(s) within the accepted portfolio of changes.
- Lead a number of business initiatives as project manager.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels and across numerous disciplines to both ensure.
- the objectives and outcomes of any work undertaken are commonly understood and agreed.
- Engage with business stakeholders, wider change teams and subject matter experts (SMEs) to define and agree project approach, timelines, costs.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with established project approaches.
- Responsible for all usual duties of a Project Manager including agreeing deliverables, success criteria, business integration, resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression, financials management; status reporting, effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation, and appropriate escalation
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Liaise with business partners to define the handover criteria which will signal the transition of a project activity to business as usual and, where appropriate, the program of measures (policy and procedures); training; definition of KRIs etc.) to be initiated to ensure ongoing monitoring of the change implemented.
- Works confidently in a matrix structure to identify subject matter experts to support successful project delivery.
- Successfully inform and influences sponsor and key stakeholders to promote success of project prioritisation, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Confidently utilize knowledge of insurance operations end to end to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensure full understanding of project impacts then translates that into communications and engagement plans.
- Experience in a combination of different change initiatives e.g. front office, claims, regulatory, compliance, operational risk, people & process, business enablement, etc. within an insurance company.
- Proven project management experience and understanding of project delivery approaches and methods.
- Demonstrable business change delivery experience
- Experience of delivering across all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Proven ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives.
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent deliver to time.
- Strong analytical skills: the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented deliver business outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
Nice to have:
- Experience of acquisition, integration, in sourcing or business transfer
- ACII or equivalent