Underwriter Financial Lines
Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, and many other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don’t even know exist. Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
As an Underwriter Financial Lines, based in our Munich office you will be employed by our legal entity Tokio Marine Europe S.A. Zweigniederlassung für Deutschland that trades under the Tokio Marine HCC name. As such, you will form part of a dynamic team of professionals that focus on developing our regional portfolios. You will directly report to the Branch Manager and, after an initial in-house training, carry out selection, analysis, and pricing of new and renewal policies, as well as negotiate the insurance terms and conditions with brokers and insureds in order to issue the final contractual documentation. You will be key in helping build profitable relationships with brokers and insureds and your role will fully support and comply with the company’s objectives and standards.
- Cultivate and maintain broker relations
- Analyse data relating to an account: study financial, regional/national economic trends and industry conditions in the assigned underwriting discipline
- Negotiate with brokers
- Follow Underwriting guidelines and submit underwriting, pricing and negotiation recommendations to the Financial Lines Manager
- Represent Tokio Marine HCC and our products to brokers, clients and other external parties.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Manage and grow the book of business
- Coordinate and/or participate in special projects
- Attend off-site conferences, trade shows, seminars and meetings
- 2-5 of experience in similar position with financial or legal background
- (BA or MA) Degree in Business Administration, Law, Economics or similar
- Fluent in German and English (high level) a must.
- native/extensive knowledge of German/Austrian culture preferred.
- Entrepreneurial with excellent commercial skills
- Good negotiation skills and communicator
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership
- High capabilities for analysis and synthesis
- Able to work well under stress
- Authentic and self-confident
- Resourceful, hard worker taking pride in work
- Punctual, loyal and reliable
- Team player
- At home in an international environment
- Possess sense of humour
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.