Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance company with a global footprint supporting the many things in life we cherish. Love hamburgers and corn on the cob, seeing your favorite musician in an amazing venue, maybe even attending a football game? I bet you never realized there is an entire industry dedicated to ensuring peace of mind for all the big and little things in life. At Tokio Marine HCC we invite you to be part of the collaboration between minds, striving together to lead the specialty insurance field.
Are you a Senior Accountant looking for a new Challenge? Join our Reinsurance Accounting Group to perform complex reinsurance accounting activities relating to the maintenance of ledger accounts and the development of associated managerial reports and financial statements. In this position you may specialize in various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, billing or consolidations.
• Perform general ledger functions including but not limited to preparation of journal entries to document business transactions and monthly reconciliations of balance sheet general ledger accounts to subledgers.
• Perform banking activities, such as requests for wire transfers to settle reinsurance balances with brokers or reinsurers, letters of credit or other collateral transactions, and reconciliation of related accounts.
• Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciling items.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare various reports for management including but not limited to those regarding facultative, treaty, and excess of loss coverage for reinsurance programs.
• Prepare various schedules required for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, statutory, and management reporting basis.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly Schedule F and various intergroup reporting on both a consolidated and company basis.
• Work directly with and respond to inquiries from reinsurers/brokers.
• Interact with and assist internal and external auditors, as necessary, to complete audits.
• Maintain knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles, and other relevant accounting processes and guidelines
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field
• CPA designation or progress towards CPA designation preferred
• Relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance
• Solid understanding of GAAP and/or Statutory Accounting Principles
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
• Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)