Finance Change Manager
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
Finance Change is the Gateway to the rest of International Finance for the Finance support of the broader TMHCC change portfolio.
The Finance Change team provides expertise, management and coordination of the Finance portfolio of change, developing internal proposals into light business cases as well as supporting strategic projects/programmes in line with the Virtual Change Capability guiding principles. Members of the Finance Change team partner with multiple stakeholders (including sponsors of the relevant change), providing support, guidance and delivery, managing impacts and readiness activities to ensure change is smoothly implemented, and that the lasting benefits can be measured and achieved. Change encompasses people, process and system changes.
We are currently seeking a change and transformation professional to join the Finance Change Team with well-rounded experience and understanding of the London Market and Specialty insurance finance operations. This role is to work collaboratively and support the Finance Operations team with their change portfolio to ensure change is delivered smoothly and safely with minimal impact to the team.
- Pro-actively work with the Finance Operations team to:
- assess areas for improvement in their day-to-day activities
- assess small initiatives/project/programme impacts to day-to-day processes in order to inform the designs being proposed by those change drivers
- design new ways of working arising from the changes
- Drive through all business readiness activities associated with portfolio of change:
- Design, monitor and support training activities as part of the business readiness activities
- Work with user community to define and drive through new processes as part of business readiness activities;
- Design and deliver clear communication right through to training, testing and post go-live support for key projects.
- Organise, facilitate and coordinate key workshops to design new ways of working.
- Identify, engage and manage relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications and assured expectation management.
- Leverage comms and stakeholder groups to manage and/or escalate any risks and issues to the project delivery (resources and/or deliverables, interdependencies).
- Organise project related activities to ensure change is embedded smoothly with minimal impact to business-as-usual activities, including the facilitation and support of formal go / no go activity.
- Work with and support different teams to identify opportunities and drive improvements across the Finance Operations model (people, process, and systems), including continuous improvement incremental change.
- Align business readiness plans with other Shared Service plans, IT readiness, Testing & Data migration to ensure a seamless delivery and minimise business disruption.
- Liaise with External organisations, including but not limited to solution providers, technology partners, consultancies to ensure coherent approach to change.
Qualifications and Experience Specification:
- More than 5 years of proven experience working within change and transformation within an insurance organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working within or alongside Finance Operations
- Demonstrable change delivery experience
- Ability to deliver well planned and tailored training programmes
- Experience within London Market and Specialty Insurance company
- Ability to build effective relationships across project and BAU teams on an individual level and as part of a team.
- Ability to build effective collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience of Finance ERP systems, including general ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury systems/modules
- Critical thinker with a keen eye with a high attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills – (verbal, written and visualisation)
- Fluent in English (written & spoken). Any additional European language is a plus
- Energy and ability to create momentum and excitement around initiatives and new approaches
- Finance qualifications
- A recognised Portfolio Management qualification e.g. MoP qualification
- Experience in Prince2 or APM methodology
- Strong MS Office skills specifically MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence at all levels; adapts style and content to the audience's needs. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Proactively builds productive relationships with internal and external partners; presents robust and convincing arguments in the face of challenge while remaining respectful of others' views; negotiates effectively to agree on realistic outcomes
- Remains calm, effective and positive even when under pressure; takes ownership for delivering outcomes
- Active listening
- Assertive but sensitive to conflicting demands on others
- Professional approach and delivery of work product
- Energy, enthusiasm, persistence and adaptability
- Experience of working in virtual teams
- Ability to influence and lead others
- Focus on execution and timely delivery of quality outputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance teams to achieve common goals
- Drive and commitment to achieve individual, project and team objectives
- Commitment to development of self and others