Assistant Data Scientist Analyst
Uses data to help develop new products or other data driven product enhancements across insurance as part of our Enhance Product Innovation Collaboration (EPIC) team. Interacts with a diverse set of stakeholders using modern statistical techniques and creativity to identify novel analytical directions. Draws insights from many different forms of data and has a passion for data driven creative processes, predictive models, and improving decision-making.
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers and grow our revenue.
- Use data analysis techniques to drive new product development and improve existing lines of business.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective predictive and descriptive analysis including various machine learning techniques, time series, regression, optimization, deep learning, etc.
- Use data visualizations to clearly and effectively aid key decision makers.
- Interact with business partners to understand their goals and objectives, develop analytic requirements, provide answers to business questions, make recommendations, and join forces in driving business improvement and optimization.
Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Familiarity with concepts such as predictive analysis, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, & Bayesian analysis
- Proficient with multiple statistical software packages and/or programming languages such as R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Shiny, etc.·
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment