Internal Audit Senior - UK & Europe
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Auditor to join an expanding Internal Audit team which has an excellent reputation within the business areas they support.
- This role will suit candidates who will enjoy all elements of the internal audit cycle across all functions and locations.
- Ideal candidates will have experience of working within Financial Services and will have an accountancy qualification.
To provide quality internal audit work to TMHCC companies in the UK and Europe.
Key Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- To plan, manage and execute value added internal audits across all UK and European locations to provide assurance on the internal controls environment, governance and risk management framework.
- Performing and leading annual JSOX / internal controls testing, system walkthroughs and flowcharts for all UK and European locations to comply with Tokio Marine regulations.
- Liaising with the business to obtain progress updates on control and audit findings and then performing remediation testing.
- Performing routine testing across all departments and areas including but not limited to, underwriting, claims, reinsurance, finance, human resources, risk management, Solvency II, governance, compliance, actuarial and IT.
- Documenting and recording all internal audit and JSOX testing on our TeamMate audit software.
- Ensuring all review points raised by the Internal Audit management are cleared on a timely basis.
- Produce accurate and complete working papers that support the audit findings and producing the final internal audit report that is presented to the client.
- Follow and comply with the TMHCC Internal Audit Manual and Internal Audit Policies.
- Support the Head of International Internal Audit and the audit team with various administration, reporting and departmental tasks.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory, auditing and legal changes.
- Liaising with staff and management across the insurance group.
- Ad hoc internal audit projects, testing and tasks.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA) and committed to on-going professional development.
- Degree educated and a 2.1 or above.
- Relevant internal auditing (or external auditing) and / or accounting experience necessary.
- Insurance and / or financial services experience preferred.
- Excellent English written & oral communication skills.
- French, German and / or Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- Good organisational skills & proven ability to multi-task.
- High standard of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel, most specifically around European branch offices (around 20% of the role).
- Ability to work well within a small and very busy internal audit team.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies. #LI-TS1