Pre Sales Director
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
The Role: Technical Sales Director
TiVo is growing and looking for a seasoned, high-energy, and driven Technical Sales Director with strong knowledge of and experience with value-driven technical engineering solutions sales. We're seeking someone with domain knowledge of the Service Provider and CE markets, and with sales engineering experience in end-to-end/SaaS solutions. Join a passionate team with a great reputation where you'll work with leading teams in Metadata, Content Discovery, and User Experience Solutions. Immediately positioned for success, you'll be part of selling technical solutions at a place where you'll make immediate contributions that matter.
· Provide Pre-Sales Engineering support to Sales with technical and business domain expertise focused on TiVo’s Metadata, Content Discovery, and User Experience Solutions
· Provide a direction for continued product development and see market opportunities based on a deep understanding of our customers
· Work with TiVo Development Engineering and Sales to drive product sales and resolve issues.
· Willingness to take risk, make a huge impact, drive business
· Provide support in discovering and managing customer expectations and requirements, the qualifying and offering processes and defining solutions.
· Liaise with main internal and external stakeholders including customer, program management and delivery teams on project and maintenance issues: customization, schedule, priorities, delivery, bug resolution and QA
· Coordinate with Product Management to ingest and understand customer feature requests and communicate status of requests to customer
· Coordinate trials of new features and upgrades and ongoing deployments
· Maintain up-to-date technical sales collateral and presentation materials
· Deliver presentations /demonstrations highlighting the benefits, key features and functions across assigned solution sets
· Present the TiVo Personalized Content Discovery technical vision and strategy coherently to technical and business audience
· Maintain in-depth product/solutions knowledge of market trends and in aligned technologies including understanding of competition
· Travel required (international) up-to 50%
· Drive the full sales cycle from drafting sales plans, to prospecting through demo, trial engagements, and technical aspects of contract negotiation/close with a focus on Service Provider and CE/High-tech customers qualifications
· Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems,
· 10+ years’ experience in the software industry
· 7+ years technical product expertise in pre-sales engineering roles with deep product knowledge
· 5+ years’ experience working in the service provider, CE, media, and/or technology ecosystem
· Experience with Software, Cloud and Big Data technologies.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Technical engineering background in software development, software consulting services
· Exceptional market knowledge, particularly as it pertains to the consumer electronics technology licensing business is a plus
· Experience and competence working with XML APIs (JSON / xHTML)
· Expertise with Software Solution Engineering in the TV Industry (IP Networking, Digital Media Software Solutions, Search/Recommendations products)
· Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
· Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
· Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
· Ability to navigate and manage technical issues within a customer account
· Ability to relate to customer issues and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of customer specific requirements
· Excellent writing skills, with previous experience creating technical proposals, SOWs, Requirement Documenting
· Excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to large and small groups.
· Experience directly working with customer’s engineering group is a plus