Senior TechOps Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
The Systems Engineer is a member of a small team responsible for building, maintaining, and updating the production infrastructure for TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform, both in the cloud and in on-premises. A week in the life of the Systems Engineer includes project work to improve internal technology and processes; deploying new updates to internal and customer-facing systems; maintaining our continuously-available and secured resources; and working closely with other Operations or Product engineers to plan for the next big push. The ideal candidate is a demonstrated self-starter who is eager to learn new technologies, capable of independently identifying and solving problems, and thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Primary duties include:
- Architect, install, and maintain server, network, and storage infrastructure in the cloud and on-premises.
- Create scripts and use configuration management tools to automate tasks.
- Respond to alerts and participate in an on-call rotation to provide coverage of critical issues.
- Plan and execute changes to development, staging, and production systems according to documented change control policies.
- Prioritize and execute project work to help achieve team goals.
- Ensure security of managed systems and related data.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve the product, troubleshoot issues, and ensure smooth software releases.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and systems.
- Produce and maintain clear and thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating procedures, change management, inventories, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator/engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with production operations in a highly-available, scaling environment.
- Experience with Cloud resources
- Experience in scripting and/or programming
- Experience with platform- and configuration-as-a-service technologies
- Experience with revision control utilities
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and manage tasks from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime and weekends to meet production deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Linux: CentOS, Debian
- Cloud: AWS
- Scripting: Python, GoLang
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Terraform
- Source control: git
- Experience with development and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of storage and networking concepts
- Software engineering or computer science background
- Experience working closely with software engineers
- Understanding of security concepts (firewall, VPN, security certificates, and credential management).