Staff Engineer, Software Development
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
Staff Software Engineer, Service Engineering
TiVo Service Engineering is constantly seeking ways to make the TiVo service more scalable, more robust, and easier to deploy. This powers a great experience for our customers as well as for the many television service providers worldwide who incorporate TiVo’s unique offerings. This role will participate in the design and development of significant new service platform components that will help TiVo navigate a future where sophisticated service infrastructure becomes ever-more-crucial to business success.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Develop fundamental changes to TiVo’s service infrastructure for greater ease, performance, and scale within a Scrum development process.
- Work closely with engineering management to prioritize work and drive the team to success.
- Mentor and set an example for other engineers in both technical and leadership skills.
- Advance best engineering practices with the team through participation in design, documentation, and code reviews.
What you'll need to be successful:
- At least 7 years of experience developing large-scale, high-performance server infrastructure.
- Experience designing service software components of significant size.
- Expert-level knowledge of high-level programming and scripting languages such as Java, C++, Go, Python, Bash.
- Experience with server virtualization.
- Experience with distributed database design and implementation.
- Proven track record in working cross-functionally to drive projects to production deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
What will really get you noticed by our team:
- Experience with container and clustering technologies like Docker, Kubernetes in a microservices environment.
- Experience in managing and working with distributed message-based architectures using Kafka.
- Experience with Serverless deployments.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code using Hashicorp Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with Jenkins (CI/CD, pipelines)
- Knowledge of Git and related workflows like GitOps.
- Experience working within a Scrum or Agile development process
- Experience with AWS services suite (API gateway, Lambda, S3)
- Experience with common OS/platform software packages for servers, such as CoreOS and OpenStack
- Experience with the technical and deployment challenges of migrating legacy systems to a new architecture.