VP, Corporate Communications
Hi. We're TiVo.
We’re always innovating to create the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by delivering beautiful user experiences and enabling the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
Our technology inventions run deep – from the creation of the interactive program guide to the DVR – and we continue to revolutionize how people find content in a chaotic, fragmented media landscape. It’s this “content chaos” and insatiable demand for media and entertainment that keep us inspired – to create products and licensable technology that ultimately enable people to find and enjoy the TV, movies and music they love.
Through innovation, design, audience insights and customer dedication, we’re not only creating the next generation of entertainment. We’re creating the next generation of TiVo.
TiVo is seeking a Vice President Corporate Communications who will define and establish our communications strategy and voice, leading efforts to re-shape our corporate narrative and bring our story to the world by building strong relationships with key audiences, both externally and internally. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of success building and positioning brands and establishing relationships with key agencies. The role requires someone with extensive experience growing and guiding a savvy team of curious and determined multi-disciplinary experts, with oversight of corporate communications, media relations and internal communications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as a key member of the executive team with responsibilities to craft and execute internal and external communications that express TiVo’s vision, brand and position through media relations, executive communications, issues management and enterprise strategies.
• Develop relationships and in-depth understanding across all of TiVo’s Products and Solutions to effectively create and execute key messaging aligned with organizational strategic objectives and operational performance.
• Design, develop and implement communications initiatives to build and position our corporate brand and products/solutions
• Drive public and media relations strategies and specific campaigns including customer contracts, product releases, government relations, key talent additions and other issues and projects as required.
• Develop and oversee well developed corporate communication assets including press releases, talking points, scripts, presentations, Q&As, briefing documents and fact sheets that create awareness and establish our position.
• Develop a strategy and process for identifying and managing key speaking opportunities and award recognitions for executives. Enable and train company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages.
• Effectively engage with media, industry organizations and influencers to deliver on our strategies and evangelize our messaging.
• Build and execute communications strategies and engagement appropriate to the communication style, tone and preferences of TiVo’s executive team.
• Leverage data-informed insights to build strategies
• Keep current on relevant industry, economic, and governmental issues that could impact our business, position or messaging. Communicate regular media and issues updates to senior management.
• Make and maintain strategic investments in social media, press relations and internal communications
• Provide strategic insight to the senior leadership team on how to respond to industry issues, market movement, and competitive threats. Provide strategic counsel throughout the Company on messaging
• Continue to evolve, evangelize and proliferate TiVo’s strategic narrative both inside and outside the company
• Work closely with the product, content and engineering teams, as well as other internal stakeholders, to discover and share stories that further the company’s goals
• Stay well ahead of marketing and media trends and contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas that help the growth of the company
The VP Global Communications shall have:
• 12+ years experience leading strategic communications in the technology and/or media/entertainment industries and should have substantial experience running thought leadership initiatives
• Experience managing external agency relationships and ideally previously have worked in a global PR agency
• Candidate should be a strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator
• He or she must have substantial experience dealing with senior executives and ability to make strategic and succinct presentations to senior leadership
• Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across a matrixed organization. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
• Must be highly motivated, possess positive attitude, have excellent organizational skills and exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Flexibility to work across multiple time zones as required
• A self-starter, with the ability to work efficiently, managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines