Staff Engineer, Software Development
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
Staff Software Engineer:
Come join us as we continue to revolutionize the TV-viewing experience of customers worldwide. Our new product line integrates cable, movies, music, and web, along with new broadband applications - all with a single aim of providing the best user experience. Every day we process millions of records of information about what's available online, on your TV, and on your cable system. We have to ingest that information, get it all into the schedule, make sure it's all consistent, make sure all of the content is properly linked to similar content, and distribute it to millions of boxes on tens of thousands of headends with tens of thousands of stations for dozens of cable providers around the world. So if playing with microservices, Kafka messaging systems, and other cool stuff sounds interesting to you--please apply.
Roles and responsibilities
* Work with internal and external partners in defining new services for TiVo DVR
* Scope and document technical work based on business requirements
* Design, implement and document fault-tolerant applications using Java and other technologies as necessary for hosted and cloud-based services
* Prototype applications when assigned to evaluate new technologies
* Enhance the performance and scalability of microservices and Web Services applications
* Work with a large team of engineers in a cross-functional environment and time zones to implement high-quality, fault-tolerant and scalable products
* 7+ years of in-depth experience with object oriented analysis and design
* Excellent Java skills and server-side Java development
* Good understanding of JVM architecture, Garbage collection, Collections and Concurrency framework, reactive and event based programming.
* At least 3 years of direct hands-on experience in developing and maintaining high performance and scalable web services platform using Apache/Tomcat, XML/JSON and MYSQL (REST style services)
* Experience in performance optimization and tuning of web services applications
* Experience with large distributed architectures
* Understands real-time software characteristics including inter-process communication, message passing, locks, priorities and threads
* Strong in analytical skills
* Experience with Cloud Services (ideally AWS). Prior experience with Docker and Kafka a plus
* Experience with Spring Boot , Spring framework , and JPA.
* Recent experience working in a Unix/Linux development and build environment
* Experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL style databases and query optimization
* Proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Working knowledge of rapid development project planning concepts in a software development environment, including scheduling, estimation, and risk management techniques. Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile a plus
* Facilitation and team-building skills at all levels. Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others, including business partners and technical team
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience required
Benefits & Perks
Our employees and their families are important to us and our comprehensive pay, stocks and benefits programs reflect that. TiVo supports personal well-being, builds financial security, and enables employees to share in the success of TiVo. Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances, and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work including vacation, holidays, sick time, and 2 days of paid time off each year to serve and learn through TiVo Community Outreach.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can include: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities, conveniences such as dry cleaning and car washes, and recycling programs.
- See more at: https://www.tivo.com/jobs/culture/benefits-at-tivo
TiVo Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer