Sr Database Administrator
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility is implementing, maintaining, and supporting Microsoft SQL databases in a 24/7 highly active environment.
• Daily monitoring and analysis of databases and database servers to ensure continuance of operations
• Installing and maintaining SQL Server database systems. Maintaining the database systems includes but is not limited to ensuring successful backups, resolving system issues, opening cases with technical support to resolve issues, monitoring success and failure of automated jobs, monitor system availability, updating system documentation, system and database recovery, etc.
• Database performance analysis and tuning to ensure optimal system performance. Major areas of support in this area will include sizing, throughput, scalability and dependability
• Ensure security of databases
• Plan, architect and maintain Microsoft SQL database backup and recovery solutions alongside the backup team.
• Perform restorations of backups in case of system failure or data loss
• Review all changes to existing production databases to ensure that such changes do not negatively impact database performance or reliability
• Promote database changes through software development lifecycle process
• Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
• Maintain current database architecture and identify areas where technical debt, performance tuning, and system stability improvements can be made.
• Design, document, and promote security "best practices", policies, standards and protocols.
• Working with development and systems teams to perform application and database tuning.
• Migrating Databases to newly built servers/clusters from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2014 or 2016.
• Setup, test and maintain business continuity/disaster recovery infrastructure database and applications using transactional replication, Database mirroring, clustering and availability groups.
• Tuning queries which are running slow using Profiler and Statistics I/O by using different Methods in terms of evaluating joins, indexes, updating Statistics and code modifications.
• Monitor and modify performance using execution plans and index tuning.
• Perform routine DBA activities, such as setting user's permissions and resolving space issues on Production and lower environments as well as configuring maintenance plans.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science from four-year college or university; and 7+ years’ experience as a Production SQL Server DBA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Advanced T-SQL experience.
• Proficient with Windows PowerShell or similar scripting language.
• Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
• Advanced knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Must be willing to communicate
• Good communication and documentation skills.