Engineer - Unified Communications Systems
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
The Corporate IT Unified Communications team requires a day-to-day Solutions Engineer to oversee the Collaboration services for Xperi. These services include but are not limited to: Office 365 management, Exchange Hybrid, Exchange Online Protection spam filtering, advanced distribution list management, Public Folders, AAD Connect, SMTP relay, Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Zoom conferencing including conference rooms, Zoom Phone including BYOD, Ribbon SBCs, Five9 Contact Center, and Slack.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for supporting, servicing, implementing, lifecycle management, and daily operations of the tools and methodology for unified communications. This will include (but not limited to) support run book creation and modification, service evaluation, day to day operations, lifecycle management planning and implementation, routine assessment, and implementation of compliance and discovery. In this role, the Solutions Engineer will be required to (as needed) resolve high-priority outages and provide end-to-end root cause analysis, work with vendors, work with Service Desk team members for user resolution, and assist users directly with escalated incidents.
In addition, a successful candidate will have a firm understanding of all Collaboration solutions, be forward thinking, and be able to assist and collaborate with other members of the Unified Communications team in support of those technologies. This will include (but not be limited to) Slack, Zoom, Five9, Polycom phone provisioning and management, and Office 365 technologies.
What you will get to do:
- Be self-motivated and able to work successfully with a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Design, plan, and coordinate the implementation of Collaboration technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands
- Work with Tier I/II support desks by creating/updating support run books and working on escalations at the Tier III/IV level
- Engage with vendors to resolve issues
- Utilize a framework for monitoring tools, escalating key issues, and ensure timely implementation of services.
- Implement and follow Security and Compliance defined rules for vulnerability, security, and patching.
Who we are looking for:
- Qualifications in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years directly related work experience
- 5 or more years of technical experience, including at least 3 years in
o Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016o Exchange 2010, 2016, and Online
o Spam filtering
o Active Directory
o Office 365
o SharePoint Services
o Certificate Services
o SBC/SBA/SBS technologies and SIP
o Video conferencing infrastructure and endpoints
Nice to have:
- 2 years technical experience with multi-factor authentication
- Application support experience with SharePoint
- Knowledge of current SharePoint and Office 365 software, protocols, and standards
- Certifications in MCSE, and related UC products required
- Fundamental networking knowledge and experience
- Core fundamental and working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Certificate Services
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to:
o Read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals
o Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
o Present information to management
What will make you successful:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.