Software Solutions Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of Software Engineering related work experience building software products and services in a team environment.
The main duties of the position are as follow:
- Participate in a daily stand-up and iteration planning meetings with the team.
- Deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Adhere and contribute to core engineering design, development, and testing principles.
- Problem solve solutions to customer implementation issues, requiring sharp problem solving skills and a deep architectural knowledge of the product.
- Other duties, as needed
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new architecture, tools, algorithms, etc. deeply and quickly.
- Candidate should have experience problem solving with customers, to solve customer issues.
- Candidate must have excellent programming and scripting skills with a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design principles. Experience with Java and Python strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have experience with software engineering in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have experience with database design and development. Exposure to NoSQL/document database technology is preferred. Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
- Work with transformation of large data sets with Pentaho Kettle or similar type technologies is a plus.
- Experience solving Big Data problems with Hadoop or similar type technologies is a plus.
- Experience with development of web services (REST, JSON, XML) is a plus.
- Experience to cloud-based computing and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with or desire to work with open source technologies is a plus.
- Desire to work in an agile environment using Agile Software methodologies is a plus.