Director, Sales and Business Development – Connected Media, Automotive
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Director of Sales and Business Development – Connected Media, Automotive
Xperi is seeking a talented and experienced Director, to drive sales and develop new business for Company’s next-generation DTS connected media products, to be adopted by Japanese OEMs. This position will be based in Japan. The Director of Sales and Business Development will be working cross functionally with Company’s Global Sales, Product, Engineering, Marketing and to grow the adoption of the DTS connected media portfolio with Japanese car brands as well as the Tier1 supplier ecosystem.
As Director of Sales and Business Development, you will support to define and execute the strategy to sell DTS connected media products with Japanese OEMs and Tier1s. This position demands a unique blend of business acumen, technical understanding and the drive to succeed in cementing the deployment of Company’s connected media offering by new Japanese car customers.
You will work with Company’s automotive Global Sales force and collaborate with Product, Engineering and Marketing, to sell the Company’s connected media product line to Japanese Tier1 and OEM car customers, to secure new programs that will drive revenue growth.
This position requires a versatile and driven individual with a background in automotive connected infotainment systems and/or telematics. Knowledge of how music metadata implementation and use cases play an important role in the UX and product definition of car infotainment systems, is a plus.
You will develop and manage the business and sales relationships with the relevant stakeholders involved in the technology selection and purchase process inside Japanese car companies, including Product Planning, Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Procurement.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable dealing with senior executives as well as tactical level people. The position will require domestic travel in Japan as well as international travel to the US and Europe.
Department: Position is based the Xperi Japan Sales division, reporting to the Japan Automotive lead.
Xperi is a Silicon Valley based global technology company developing and licensing technology solutions for the automotive, home and mobile markets. Through its globally recognized DTS and HD Radio brands, Xperi’s audio, radio and imaging technology solutions are touching billions of people worldwide. Xperi’s innovations have earned a place in more than 2.5 billion home and mobile devices, as well as over 95% of the world’s smartphones. The world’s largest camera sensor suppliers and semiconductor manufacturers are among those companies implementing technologies developed by Xperi, placing our essential solutions in over 100 billion chips globally. And, Xperi technologies are widely used by all global car companies, and are found in millions of automobiles around the world.
Xperi is currently developing a broader connected media portfolio and is working with global car companies and leading Tier1 suppliers to adopt its new connected solutions for a better infotainment experience.
You will join a rich and global multidisciplinary team to grow Company’s connected media business with Japanese car companies.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Define and execute a sales strategy for Company’s connected media products with Japanese OEMs
- Work with the Global Sales team, Product, Engineering and Marketing, to support the sell-in of Company’s connected media solutions, driving demand by regional offices of Japanese OEMs (especially with Company’s North America and Europe teams)
- Close new programs for Company’s connected media products with Japanese OEMs, securing new vehicle design wins that will result in revenue growth
- Gather, manage, and prioritize customer opportunities
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information on features, pricing, schedules
- Research the competitive environment and work with the Product team to support the development of Company’s connected media product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- With the Product team, redefine product positioning, price and go to market strategy as needed
- Write proposals and quotations for Japan opportunities, collaborating with Product and Engineering
- When necessary, work with Product, Engineering to propose solutions to bridge gaps between customer requirements and product offering
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management and, Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- 10+ years of cumulative experience in roles driving sales of connected technologies, product and business planning, product marketing or business development in an OEM and/or Tier1 supplier ecosystem
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Connected Vehicle / Automotive industry
- Proven experience in gathering, analyzing and prioritizing opportunities
- Connected Vehicle know-how
- Ability to grasp / explain and use engineering concepts
- Experience working with customers to develop new business models and negotiate pricing
- Experience building solid customer relationships
- Strong business analysis, problem solving and strategy development skills
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers at senior and technical levels
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with peers, cross-functional stakeholders and leadership across a large organization in a multinational environment
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple stakeholders, within the company’s sales as well as technical divisions
- Native or fluent Japanese language
- Strong oral/written command of English language to conduct business is a must
- Position will require domestic and international travel
Primary location/ Work Status
Japan – Full Time
The requirements and description above may be modified by Xperi at its sole discretion and without notice.