Technical Writer- User Experience
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Design communicators are people who communicate design solutions the right way to the right audience at the right time. To do that, they must be fully aware of the design and the reasons for it; they work with UI designers as full-time thought partners. While the UI designer leads the creation of design solutions, the design communicator clarifies ideas, writes detailed specifications, and is able to articulate the rationale behind the team's decisions.
Here is what you'll get to do:
- Be responsible for multiple projects at one time
- Work with the UI designers and engineers to understand how the products work and the details of the new designs
- Edit the existing specifications to reflect the new and/or updated designs using HTML (Dreamweaver), a wiki (Confluence), and/or Word
- Solicit and integrate feedback from stakeholders into the specifications
- Attend design review meetings and project update meetings
- Coordinate with remote teams
- Constantly improve the quality of the specifications
- Ensure consistency across the spec library
Here is what you'll need to be successful:
We want candidates with demonstrated success writing detailed and structured technical documentation within a high-tech industry. Also, you:
- Have strong writing skills, whether you're persuading people of a point or explaining how something works
- Synthesize ideas and help people around you think more clearly
- Are an organized thinker and project planner who helps others be effective and efficient
- Love writing detailed documents
- Are confident, self-directed, and like to challenge yourself
- Want to help design products that are easy to use