The Principal Engineer - Architect will design, analyze, program modify software enhancements and/or new products. Lead development of both transactional and data warehouse designs with our team of Engineers. Work in an agile Scrum driven environment to deliver new and innovative products for Metadata customers, and keep up-to-date with relevant technology in order to maintain and improve functionality for authored applications.
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Software Engineer/Architect
- Must have at least 8 years of prior work experience in the following:
- Programming in Java, .NET environments
- Amazon Web Services, including at least one of the following: on-demand computing, S3, and/or equivalent cloud computing approach.
- Working with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale data using big data stack: M/R, Hive SQL, Spark etc
- Data warehousing and analytic architecture implementation on a major RDBMS including at least one of the following: Oracle, MySQL, and/or SQLServer.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Big Data stack of technologies, including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, and Hbase.
- AWS, JBOSS BRMS, S3, NIFI ESB, JSON, docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related field