Information Systems Engineer
The Corporate IT Services of Unified Communications requires a day-to-day Solutions Engineer to oversee the UC services of Office 365 with Exchange Hybrid. These services include but are not limited to: Exchange Online Protection spam filtering, advanced distribution list management, Public Folders, DAG, Office 365 management, AAD Connect, SMTP relay, Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for supporting, servicing, implementing, lifecycle management, and daily operations of the tools and methodology for unified communications. This will include (but not limited to) support run book creation and modification, service evaluation, day to day operations, lifecycle management planning and implementation, routine assessment, promotion of user adoption, and implementation of compliance and discovery.
In addition, a successful candidate will have a firm understanding of all Microsoft Office 365 solutions, be forward thinking, and be able to assist and collaborate with other members of the Unified Communications team in support of those technologies. This will include (but not be limited to) Skype for Business Hybrid, Microsoft Teams, and other Office 365 technologies.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Be self-motivated and able to work successfully with a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Design, plan, and coordinate the implementation of Microsoft UC technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands
- Work with Tier I/II support desks by creating/updating support run books and working on escalations at the Tier III/IV level
- Engage with vendors to resolve issues
- Utilize a framework for monitoring tools, escalating key issues, and ensure timely implementation of services. You are the service and technical owner rolled up into one!
- BS. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years directly related work experience
- 5 or more years of technical experience, including at least 3 years in
- Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012
- Skype for Business
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- SharePoint Services
- Certificate Services
- 2 years technical experience with spam filtering
- 2 years technical experience with multi-factor authentication
- Application support experience with SharePoint
- Knowledge of current SharePoint and Office 365 software, protocols, and standards
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certifications in MCSE, and related UC products required
- Fundamental networking knowledge and experience
- Core fundamental and working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Certificate Services
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
- Present information to management
- Strong analytical skills required