Sr Information Systems Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Job Description: Senior Engineer- TechOps
Experience: 7+ years
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated by partners and internal systems, including developing, implementing and deploying emergency hot fixes
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks and create or maintain operational tools
- Identify where policy changes could be improved
- Lead efforts to diagnose and completely resolve complex systems configuration, production and deployment problems
- Provide support when operational problems occur, problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently within a fast paced environment – looking for the fix rather than the cause of an issue
- Be a part of the team that runs services in 17 time zones around the world
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong understanding of Unix or Linux operating systems
- Strong work experience on AWS
- Strong Automation skills across various tools
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot problems
- Demonstrable ability to use creative thinking to create new solutions to new problems
- Analytical and problem solving skills, particularly as it relates to issue diagnosis and resolution
- Experience installing, configuring and debugging Apache (e.g. LAMP), Tomcat, and/or Oracle
- Experience with MySQL, Java, Perl, C/C++, PHP, Python and other scripting languages are a plus
- Prior experience working in a 24/7 operational environment is a plus
· Demonstrable ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision, and the ability to ask for assistance as soon as you can realize that assistance would be needed