Senior Engineer, Software QE
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
Duties: Technically lead a team of engineers to ensure quality releases of our Cloud based services. Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for TiVo Cloud Services. Develop, modify, and execute software test plans, analyze and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software, and analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Collaborate with development engineers to resolve problems and provide technical, project leadership, and cross-team coordination. Ensure carrier-grade quality in all modules and functions of TiVo Cloud services. Specifically, test TiVo Cloud Services functionalities such as Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Kafka, Jenkins pipeline and API gateway
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Applications or related field
Experience Required: 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer/ Software Development Engineer in Test.
- Experience with RESTful service testing.
- 7 years of experience in automation, white-box testing or development using Python
- Experience working with Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Kafka, Jenkins pipeline and API gateway.
- Technically lead a team of engineers to ensure quality releases of our Cloud based services
- Proven experience in testing Micro Service architecture in terms of functional, resiliency, deployments/upgrades
- Provide technical, project leadership, and cross-team coordination.
- Designing and developing test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications.
- Experience working in an agile development environment such as SCRUM
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools (prefer to have TestRail and Jira experience)
- Create, maintain and own automated Functional, Performance and Resiliency tests for multiple features and drive them for production ready.
- Work independently or with minimal supervision to deliver feature test automation
- Proactively communicate with the development team during the development cycle and participate in the design and documentation of new features
- Develop tools when needed and adopt any open source tools if available to speed up the process
- Write and execute component perf and robustness tests using Taurus (prefer to have both Jmeter and Taurus experience)
- Team player with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Constantly seeking feedback through peer design and code reviews
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Engineering or any other Engineering groups.