Sr. Sales Engineer
TiVo is looking for a high-energy and driven Senior Sales Engineer with strong experience with software-as-a-service (SaaS) technologies and value-driven technical engineering solutions sales.
The ideal candidate will be very familiar with how metadata and personalization can enhance voice and text-based search solutions as well as predictive and suggestive recommendations to power content discovery across the entertainment landscape.
Role & Responsibilities
- Present the technical vision, product details, roadmap, & strategy to potential customers.
- Demonstrate TiVo products at customer locations and certain tradeshows
- Be the first line to answer customer’s verbal and written technical questions about the product capabilities and features.
- Be the key leader to acquire and understand customer’s expectations and requirements through the qualification process.
- Own and drive all technical explanations, diagrams, and q&a aspects for customer proposals.
- Be the key technical leader to execute / manage any customer POCs / pilots.
- Be the main technical liaison to coordinate internal stakeholders to properly vet, plan, propose, and deliver solution.
- Provide clear and concise feedback to TiVo Product Management & Product Marketing on feature and collateral needs.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Technical engineering background in software development, software consulting services
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical role (Sales Engineering, Software Development or Technical Product Management) with entertainment discovery solutions
- Experience with Software, Cloud, Metadata and Big Data technologies. Specific analytics expertise will be a plus
- Experience selling into B2B customers across the Pay TV, Internet, Streaming Music, and Entertainment Content Industries.
- Experience directly working with customer’s engineering and product management teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both small and large audiences
- Excellent writing skills, with previous experience creating technical proposals, SOWs, Requirement Documenting
- Expertise with Digital Media Software Solutions, Search & Recommendations products
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities, RFPs & POCs concurrently
- Ability to navigate and manage technical issues within a customer account
- Ability to relate to customer issues and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of customer specific requirements
Travel required (domestic & some international) up-to 40%
Benefits & Perks
Our employees and their families are important to us and our comprehensive pay, stocks and benefits programs reflect that. TiVo supports personal well-being, builds financial security, and enables employees to share in the success of TiVo. Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances, and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work including vacation, holidays, sick time, and 2 days of paid time off each year to serve and learn through TiVo Community Outreach.