Engineer, Audio Software
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.XPERI is looking for an Audio Software Engineer to be part of our mobile
audio engineering team. The successful candidate should be passionate
about getting the highest quality experience out and deliver that to our
customers. The role is expected to have a deep understanding and working
experience on Windows audio system architecture and Audio Processing
The candidate should be a technologist who enjoys software development,
debugging and is a great communicator, as well as a team player. Strong
analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and spoken
communication skills, and a strong drive to solve problems to disrupt the
status-quo are expected.
The successful candidate will work closely with field application teams, and
sometimes directly with customers, to help develop and debug XPERI
technologies. The candidate should be based in Taipei or within a short
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Work directly with other mobile audio engineers, technical account managers and the field application team to resolve issues reported from the customers independently or as a team in timely manner.
- Integrate and deliver XPERI mobile audio products into customer’s platform/product.
- Contribute to the development of XPERI mobile audio products.
- Provide of feedback to the development teams from the customer’s perspective.
Required Education and Experience
- BSc (required) or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 5 years of working experience
- Deep understanding and working experience on Windows "Audio system architecture" including the "Audio Processing Objects framework".
- Deep understanding of Windows driver development, including audio filter driver.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ on windows platform.
- Knowledge in Android, iOS, OSX or console would be an advantage.
- Experience using commercial audio tools and software packages is preferred (e.g. Adobe Audition, Audacity, AudioMulch).
- Familiarity with version control system (preferably Git) would be an advantage.
- Experience working as a cross-functional team member is preferred.
Passionate about music and audio in general is a big plus.