Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary
experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
At XPERI, we embrace your uniqueness. Bring your imagination and creativity to us and be a part of a technology company that brings sensory experiences to life; where you will unlock your true potential.
Are you a Data Engineer with Computer Vision and Audio Processing / Analysis background?
We need you to join our XPERI Office of the CTO to support the development of cutting edge Imaging and Audio technologies, employing Machine Learning and AI.
The successful candidate will be part of the ML Data team working closely with our R&D and testing teams, to develop and create datasets, perform data analysis, develop tools to process, organize and annotate our datasets in order to support the development of our advanced machine learning and AI imaging and audio technologies.
Location: Brasov, Romania
A Day in XPERI as a Data Engineer:
- Support R&D and testing teams to fill their specific data requirements, collaborating with our data acquisition team to source and create datasets
- Research, review and catalog datasets suitable for training, validation, and testing machine learning solutions (audio and imaging)
- Implement or support the development of data acquisition procedures, systems and tools for specific project needs (capture / record, synthesize, crawl)
- Oversee the annotation and verification of datasets working with internal annotation teams and/or external partners
- Curate, process and convert datasets using automated tools to ensure compliance with data format and structure requirements; create tools to support this activity
- Organize data into meaningful collections following standard procedures and in compliance with project requirements
- Perform testing of ML solutions and evaluate relevance and suitability of specific datasets
- Create tools to automate dataset management, to organize and store / upload datasets into data storage systems
- BS or MSc Degree in in a relevant field and at least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Solid Python programming skills and experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience sourcing or creating data sets for machine learning training or testing
- Experience in processing and converting imaging, audio data and associated metadata
- Experience with data labeling / annotation and working with various metadata formats (text, CSV, JSON, XML)
- Self-motivated, showing initiative, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
- Ability to work effectively and independently, managing multiple priorities and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Ability to work well in globally distributed teams
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience in project management and development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Knowledge of imaging or audio data formats and digital cameras or audio recording systems
- Interest in audio and imaging, data acquisition, processing and analytics
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Knowledge or experience in the creation of synthetic datasets
- Experience using machine learning development tools (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe)