Engineer, Software Dvelopment
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Job Title: Engineer, Software Development
Come join us, as we continue to revolutionize the TV-viewing experience for millions of customers worldwide. Our new product line integrates cable, movies, music, and web, along with new broadband applications – all with a single aim of providing the best user experience. The Metadata development team responsible for driving many of these features is looking for a software engineer with experience in building scalable business centric applications using web services architecture. Here is what you’ll get to do:
- Work with internal and external partners in defining new services
- Scope and document technical work based on business requirements
- Design, implement and document fault-tolerant applications using Java and other technologies as necessary for hosted and cloud-based services
- Prototype applications when assigned to evaluate new technologies
- Enhance the performance for web services APIs
- Work with a large team of engineers in a cross-functional environment implementing high-quality products
Here is what you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Excellent Java skills and server-side Java development
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in developing and maintaining scalable applications/product features using Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Kafka, XML/JSON, SQL/NoSQL, REST Services
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux development and build environment
- Experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL style databases
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with large distributed architectures, AWS, Docker, MongoDB and Kafka are a big pl
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience required