Principal Engineer, Software Development
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Here is what you'll get to do:
- Work with Product Management to deliver new TiVo platforms with state-of-the-arts HW and SW solutions into retail markets.
- Distill business and customer requirements into detailed technical designs that take account of long-term sustainability and reduced cost of implementation
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross functional teams in Service, User Experience, and Quality Engineering for alignment, issue resolution, and delivery of the end-to-end product
- Lead teams of engineers in a cross functional environment to implement high quality and testable software
- Guide and mentor the teams on software development best practices
Here is what you'll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing best in class systems applications in a variety of different programming languages
- Prior role as a technical lead for a team of software developers
- Excellent programming skills using C++ and Java
- Product development and delivery experience in the digital TV product
- Experience in a Linux/Unix development and build environment
- Experience with Audio/Video Streaming and DRM technologies
- Detailed understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of multithreading and inter-process communication
- Deep understanding of performance optimization of client/server systems
- Experience working with complex build systems and SCM
- Solid understanding of the full lifecycle development process including understanding business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions
- Collaborative and product-focused attitude
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS or equivalent is a must. MS is desirable
What will really get you noticed by our team:
Experience with streaming audio/video technologies
Experience with digital broadcast TV
Experience with OTT applications such as Netflix and Amazon Prime