3D Generalist – Senior Modeler
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Xperi is now looking to recruit a highly skilled 3D Generalist to join our Machine Learning Data team. The ideal candidate is expected to assume an expert role in cutting-edge 3D modeling with an eye towards synthetic data generation for machine learning development. He/She will have a proven record of having worked on 3D modeling tools and technologies including: tools for creating 3D models of various objects, creating and modeling 3D environments, animating objects within 3D environments, model lighting and high quality rendering of these environment and objects. The candidate will be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, passionate about 3D modeling, a team player, and eager to make a difference as a member of a motivated team.
The successful candidate will be part of the ML Data team responsible for developing advanced 3D content, modeling and rendering tools to simulate real-life scenarios and objects and generate realistic annotated 2D images, which are used to develop and test our imaging technologies.
- Create high-detail 3D models of various objects based on the project requirements, to be rendered with photo-realistic quality
- Modelling, texturing, shading and lighting of realistic exterior and interior 3D scenes, simulating specific real-life scenes
- Build a database of 3D model assets for real-life environments, persons and various objects with 3D annotations
- Create realistic animations for 3D objects, ranging from people, cars, to smaller objects.
- Create complex 3D scenes by integrating existing 3D scenes with various 3D objects, advanced lighting, with animations and other special effects
- Work as part of a team to create automated tools and workflows to render 3D scenes and objects as annotated 2D video or still images
- BS in computer science, modeling, animation, and certifications in major software suites
- 4+ years of experience with 3D modeling, materials & texture design and rendering
- Experience scripting / programming game engines to automate tasks
- Experience with animation and rigging
- Creativity and an eye for detail, as you may be fixing problems within existing 3D models for obtaining photo realistic results
- Great organizational and communication skills
Would be a plus:
- Experience with photogrammetry and scanning 3D objects
- Familiarity with recording motion capture data for 3D object animation
- Experience with audio content creation or audio data processing
- Programming skills in C/C++ and related 3D technologies (OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA)
- Experience or knowledge in computer vision and image processing (algorithms, image formats, digital camera architecture and functionality)