Customer Service Representative
ThriftBooks is the world’s largest used book retailer! We believe reading empowers people, offering them empathy to live for a moment in someone else’s shoes, offers them education, a critical asset to improving one’s life, and offers an occasional escape to fantastic worlds inhabited by interesting characters. Yes, we save millions of books every year from being destroyed, but our mission goes beyond the environment. We save these books and make them accessible to readers for the chance to shape another mind, share another story, and teach a bit of wisdom.
With warehouses across North America, ThriftBooks has brought scale and innovation to processing and selling used books. Each used book is sorted, graded, putaway and fulfilled in ways the industry has never used. At ThriftBooks, we believe in the person, not just the resume.
ThriftBooks, the largest online retailer of used books, is looking for engaged, punctual and detail-obsessed Customer Service Representatives. Full-time, part-time and (with good quality and productivity) including the ability to work-from home. Training, meetings and occasional events will need to be attended in person, in office, but WFH is also a requirement.
- You must be comfortable working at a fast pace and representing the core values of curiosity, team work, and value to our customers as the voice of ThriftBooks, educating and fixing problems through phone, chat and email.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (40 WPM) and verbal.
- Problem solving skills that get to the root of an issue quickly
- Multi-tasking abilities and the desire to use time efficiently
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail
- Customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be adaptable and be flexible
This is not a typical “Call Center” job. The whole team knows everybody by their first name and we strive to create a varied and positive, professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, headsets, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen, understand and talk. The employee frequently is required to sit; walk; use keyboards and computer equipment.
Position type/Expected Hours of Work
Full and part time positions available. Successful applicants must be willing to work to a set shift pattern, either day, grave-yard or night and shifts that may include weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 – 3 years of call center experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
Who We Are
Based in Seattle, WA, ThriftBooks is the largest online seller of used books in the world, having sold more than 100 million books since its inception. Founded in 2003 and backed by KCB Management, ThriftBooks employs more than 750 people and operates 8 fulfillment centers in the US that purchase, grade, and distribute used and collectible books. ThriftBooks relies on proprietary software to identify and list books, as well as a sophisticated pricing model that dynamically prices books across a variety of online platforms, including ThriftBooks.com, Amazon.com, eBay, and others.