Associate Data Scientist
About The Shipyard:
The Shipyard is the home of marketing engineers. Here, the strange bedfellows of data science and creativity live in sin. Data geeks and creative storytellers share white boards, dashboards and storyboards with strategists, artists, developers to help brands solve extraordinary problems. The Shipyard develops cutting edge technologies that allow enterprise clients to answer critical business questions using data science and machine learning.
Who are we looking for?
The Associate Data Scientist is a quantitative storyteller, defining and answering critical business questions by pulling, cleaning, preparing, and analyzing data from media management platforms including AppNexus, Facebook, Adwords, and others as needed. This role requires a mix of technical resourcefulness in R/RStudio and strong contextual knowledge of digital advertising. A great candidate will have work samples and/or a public portfolio (e.g., github).
- Gather, analyze, and summarize data from web-based sources, including AppNexus, Facebook, S3, and Google Analytics for reporting
- Track digital experiments and provide scientifically valid reporting on outcomes
- Present findings to customers and internal management
- Build applications that structure data and connect it to machine learning operations
- Apply statistical methods and machine learning models
- Provide model validation and measures of predictive accuracy and confidence
- Research and defend methodologies selected
- Deliver presentations on results in PowerPoint
- Propose and implement successful optimization strategies and solutions based on data collected and assimilated across all tracking sources.
- Develop and maintain assigned reporting
- Work closely with account managers and The Shipyard’s strategy group to ensure data integrity and consistency in reporting
- Propose reporting enhancements, modifications, and corrections within defined reporting structure to enhance client understanding of site performance factors and inform effective organic strategy
- Basic understanding of programming in Python and SQL
- Experience creating and delivering analytic reports
- Ability and inclination to work autonomously in the absence of persistent oversight
- Experience with advanced Excel functionality
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and develop clear objectives, goals, and action plans to meet or exceed customer expectations within a fast-paced environment
- Passion for generating insights using data analytics
- Ability to communicate complex analytic project results to diverse audiences
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field like computer science, economics, psychology, or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying machine learning models to answer tactical business questions
- Intermediate/Advanced understanding of programming in SQL and Python
- Experience building custom libraries in Python or similar language
- Demonstrated experience building automated ETL pipelines
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud technologies