Distressed Credit Analyst
Debtwire, an Acuris-owned company, is seeking a credit analyst whose main responsibility will be to publish research reports on stressed and distressed companies.
The individual will conduct fundamental credit analysis on companies across North America. The candidate will be expected to conduct financial modelling, multiple and ratio analysis, historical analysis and forecast of quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
Additionally the candidate will have some familiarity with the bankruptcy process and reorganization modeling. The role entails working mainly on levered corporate entities across North American high yield and leveraged loan markets. In time the successful candidate will be expected to become industry specialized.
- Exceptional fundamental credit analysis and financial modelling skills gain from prior experience of corporate credit analysis
- Knowledge of restructuring regimes and strategies across
- Experience of evaluating distressed / special situations
- Experience of financial services credit analysis would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must as is the ability to work with people at all levels
- Highly-developed sense of teamwork and cooperation
- Be ambitious, motivated, entrepreneurial, and have the desire to succeed
- Ability to manage workflow under strict deadlines
Debtwire is owned by Acuris, a leading financial news provider comprised of eighteen separate product lines. Acuris’s products and services provide the global advisory, financial, investment, and corporate communities with forward-looking intelligence and analysis that enables them to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues, and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
Acuris has regional head offices in London, New York, and Hong Kong with over 1,000 total staff members in 65 locations worldwide.