Senior Reporter - The Hedge Fund Law Report
The Hedge Fund Law Report, an Acuris company, has an opening on their team for a detail-oriented, experienced long-form reporter to cover hedge fund law, as well as related governance, compliance and risk issues. We use a unique model of expertise-based journalism – a combination of vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis.
The Hedge Fund Law Report is, by common consensus, the leading information resource focused on the legal, regulatory, compliance and operational aspects of the hedge fund industry.
Since 2008, we have combined vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis to generate actionable insights on critical issues facing the private funds industry, and our subscribers – key decision-makers at hedge fund managers, prime brokers, institutional investors and law and accounting firms – rely on us to help them define best practices, mitigate regulatory risk and perform their day-to-day jobs more effectively.
This position is based in our New York Office and is full time.
The primary tasks will involve:
- Researching and writing articles of various types – including our feature thematic, Q&A, analysis and “People Move” articles – based on extensive interviews of and other interactions with industry experts (such as law and accounting firm partners; hedge fund manager leaders, including GCs, CCOs, COOs, CFOs and others; prime broker and administrator executives; institutional investor decision-makers);
- Working with our editorial team to put together our feature thematic articles (5000-8000 words) by conducting interviews and contributing quotes to those articles;
- Maintaining relationships with key hedge fund industry participants with the goals of understanding the “pain points” experienced by hedge fund managers, particularly legal and compliance personnel; cultivating sources for articles; developing a pipeline of contributed articles; gathering industry intelligence; and exploring event and other collaboration opportunities;
- Attending and writing up panels and webinars; and
- Helping “close” our weekly issues.
- Substantial experience writing long-form legal or financial articles. Ideal candidates will have at least three years of paid, full-time reporting experience at a news organization, covering legal, business or financial topics (coverage of hedge funds a plus);
- Excellent reporting, writing, research, organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to consistently create engaging, thorough, sophisticated articles, as well as shorter updates, each requiring minimal editing under deadline;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Excellent computer skills across major software and applications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and 1-2 writing clips using the application link provided.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude.