Data Executive - O2
Reporting To: Senior Performance Analyst
About Havas Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, employing over 20,000 people in over 100 countries around the world.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for Havas Group in the UK, as we have just moved to our shiny new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross. This sees all UK agencies and 1700 people come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further our #HavasTogether mantra, bringing media and creative together.
About Team O2, Havas UK:
Team Telefónica, Havas UK is Havas Group’s bespoke agency team for Telefónica. Havas started working with Telefónica in 2015 in a strategic alliance to be Telefónica’s partner for transformation – an ambitious program to make Telefónica the world’s first truly digital telco.
Through data-driven and content-powered strategies, we are delivering solutions beyond media that add value to our client’s brand and helping to make them a more digital, customer-centric business. Our approach is to develop a long-term programme to drive change, embed new behaviours and deliver the bottom line business benefit, alongside day-to-day delivery of innovative and industry-defining campaigns and the always-on, data-driven marketing activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright & talented data executive to join a dynamic team working across Telefónica (O2 and Giff Gaff), assessing all their online and offline paid media.
The role is crucial in enabling Havas, and Telefónica Corporate (Spain) to understand the performance of the UK market, and media we and our competitors produce. As such, the position is situated within the analytics team, working closely with media planners and channel activation teams; this provides a great deal of exposure to the inner workings of the account.
The day to day will have you taking full ownership of Corporate reporting, these reports focus on our media investments, delivery and performance. The reports are technically challenging to produce so you will have a keen eye for detail and excellent data manipulation skills, particularly across SQL and SSIS. You will have, or be willing to learn and apply, ETL automation skills to improve the processes already in place. It’s an excellent opportunity to take ownership of a crucial element of the agency responsibilities.
You will be keeping a close eye on what our competitors are doing by using BI tools to assess our performance relative to the market; you’ll then be communicating this back into the agency to ensure that we’re planning our campaigns effectively and reacting to changes as they happen.
If you have a keen eye for detail, a solid skill set in data processing and analysis, plus a willingness to develop in one of the biggest telco accounts in the UK, then this role could be your fit.
- (Primary) Ownership of core, structured reports delivered monthly and quarterly to Madrid.
- Development of the O2 competitor analyst function (Making sense of market trends)
- Working with multiple data sources, tools and platforms
- Ownership of competitor dashboards in Tableau and Avora (Ebiquity, Nielson, YouGov etc)
- Assisting the analytics team with ad-hoc projects
- Producing and communicating presentations as required and partaking in O2 Performance meetings.
- STEM 2.1 undergraduate degree from a top tier university
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience with demonstrably strong data skills (ideally media).
- Report & dashboard building / data visualisation (Excel, Tableau)
Key Skills (required):
- A structured methodical way of working
- Excellent attention to detail to follow detailed procedures for data reporting.
- Advanced SQL and familiarity with VBA (Data manipulation in SSIS packages)
- Prior experience with Tableau Desktop or other data visualisation platforms.
- Strong data fluency (Advanced Excel experience) and willingness to develop ETL skills.
- Team player who is also able to make progress on his/her own
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and organised
- Data hungry, inquisitive, technical mind-set
Key Skills / Experience (not essential – but would be an advantage):
- Understanding of programmatic and offline media buys plus performance measurement
- Experience in data automation or machine learning
- Additional coding - VBA, Python, R, Jscript
- Spanish speaking