Associate, Connections Planning
- Work closely with Connections Planner, participate in the development of and management of cross channel media plans.
- Liaise between Investment teams to ensure plans are on schedule and elements are completed.
- Assist in development of cross channel media plans that specify which channels to use to effectively reach the target audience.
- Prepare and update media flowcharts, assist in the media buying process through the creation of media authorization forms and media buy specs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Assist with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Compile and analyzes secondary research.
- Utilize and understand proprietary and syndicated research tools used for planning and reporting purposes.
- Work with Connections Planner and Manager to craft RFPs and briefs for activation teams.
- Collaborate with client-focused teams.
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies, as well as competitive information.
- Monitor cultural and social trends that affect a client’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Previous Internship experience in Advertising, Marketing or Communications Planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for frequent contact with the Communication Strategy and Investments teams.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Significant organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of the media planning function.
- Math acumen.
- Advanced Excel skills; intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills.
- Knowledge of MRI/Simmons, Mintel, ComScore is a plus but not require.