Senior Media Planner
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic integrated marketing company in the heart of downtown Toronto on a key Global account. As a Media planner you are responsible for the day-to-day management of media assignments at HAVAS MEDIA. You are expected to understand of your clients’ line of business, have experience using media tools, following best practices and a passion for seeking out new opportunities for clients. You organize/manage workflow; mentor junior team members to fulfill all media planning, analysis, and scheduling requests. To be successful, you must be proactive, organized, and a team player.
- Work with the Group Account Director to develop integrated communication strategy for your client base.
- Leverage tools and research to develop insights and ideas
- Planning and execution of media plans as it pertains to assignment/agreed strategy.
- Work across specialized teams (SEM, social, programmatic) to integrate digital expertise where required.
- Ensure accuracy of computer input, estimates and planned data. Quality control of all components.
- Issuance of schedules, documentation, financials required to keep the project/campaign on track, on schedule and within budget for the client
- Cost analysis and negotiation. Financial diligence in discrepancy processing
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in media planning across all channels (print, broadcast, digital, OOH)
- Experience managing direct reports is an asset
- Knowledge of research and tools such as comScore and Vividata
- Competency in digital campaign management including preparation and review of performance reports
- Great communication skills including verbal and written. Ability to prepare clear and concise emails and client-ready documents.
- Solid expertise in powerpoint and excel
- Organized, accurate and attentive to detail
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrated ability to follow through
HAVAS MEDIA is one of the world’s fastest growing media groups having grown from 10 markets in 1999 to 126 markets in 2014. The group has a deeply ingrained culture that celebrates our united values and strong entrepreneurial spirit. Havas Media is seeking to fill a permanent position for a Media Planner/Buyer to work with both National and Global clients.