Account Executive – Experiential
Havas Street, a national experiential marketing agency, is currently seeking an Account Executive to join our LA office.
The Account Executive effectively manages activation programs including but not limited to day-to-day client communication, planning, execution and reporting under the supervision of the Program Manager and Senior Account Executive. The AE also manages the divisions’ internship program.
Events | Special Campaigns
- Manages client events, actively manages the daily tasks involved and oversees event logistics handled by junior staff
- Helps SAE and PM to plan for activation program launches
- Manages program schedules and/or calendars; communicates changes or updates to client
- Depending on program, serves as the second point of contact for Brand Ambassadors, Field Managers and Tour Managers; including problem solving and staff management
- Creates and manages field staff incentive programs if applicable
- Negotiates and procures venues and manages all vendors
- Manages the permit process, including payment and tracking completed by PC; secures permits when necessary
- Leads in tandem with PC/AAE (when applicable) weekly or bi-weekly FM calls and communicates/inquires key information to/from field staff
- Market travel as needed for audits and trainings
- Tracks and reviews field inventory updates with PM and junior staff
- Helps to maintain daily contact with all clients; may serve as point person/day-to-day contact on some accounts
- Leads and contributes to most weekly/bi-weekly conference calls, agendas and select client meetings
- Staffs all calls, reviews and edits junior staff contributions, and provides call recaps to team and client
- Attends select brainstorms and planning sessions
- Provides ideas for reporting, RFP response pieces, and program planning documents with team
- Writes contingency plans for the client
- Plans for client competitor analysis and conducts final edits/review
- Assists in the compilation of annual recap reports
- Utilizes or tracks databases created by PCs and enhanced by AAE for client programs when necessary
- Creates calendars when necessary for social media content submissions
- Brings trend/industry news to each client’s attention when applicable
Writing | Editing
- Writes and sends client ready emails
- Edits client materials written by AAE or PC if needed
- Edits all daily, weekly, program end, and custom reports as requested
- Does some creation of training materials and editing of materials by AAE/PC
Junior Staff Management
- Assists managers by proactively communicating with other senior managers as to what you and the team need in order to be successful and takes the initiative to provide status updates and next steps
- Acts as a sounding board for junior staff; addresses issues or concerns
- Manages and delegates junior staffs’ (AAE and below) day-to-day tasks
- Oversees intern program, including hiring/firing recommendations, mid-point reviews and general supervision
- Provides feedback and edits for junior staff on grammar, e-mails, tone and content for appropriate documents
- Provides junior staff with guidance and serves as a mentor and problem solver for their professional growth
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, liberal arts, business or marketing
Experience: Two to three years of project management work experience. Experiential marketing experience required. Experience managing others preferred.
Skills & Abilities Required: Understands evolution of experiential marketing. Understands client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Solid and growing presentation skills.
Good leadership qualities and proven ability to lead by example. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
Strong writing, editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Resourceful and solutions focused. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Effectively manages time and follow up. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other databases.