Account Director Cross Media - Hyundai & National Express
Reporting To: Client Partner
Office Location: The HKX Building, 3 Pancras Sq, London, N1C 4AG, U.K.
About Havas Media Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
About Havas Media:
Havas Media is a strategic media and marketing agency designed to create Meaningful Brands by re-imagining valuable experiences. We believe that brands need to re-connect with consumers and approach marketing differently in order to be meaningful today and tomorrow. Our smart thinking around enhancing customer experiences means we deliver high performance, highly optimised user-first solutions to deliver more measurable, meaningful experiences between brands and people.
This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role, truly owning client relationships across a small portfolio
The Account Director will sit within the wider Havas Media client planning team which incorporates both brand and demand focused activities to ensure full integration. We will give you the tools to help plan our clients’ advertising campaign strategies across the media landscape whilst providing support to the client via accurate reporting, competitive insight/analysis and our constant innovation and learning agendas.
We’d like you to work with the team to provide best in class service for this client and deliver innovative solutions to their business needs. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple campaigns at any one time for these diverse clients.
A major part of the role will be challenging the client to think in new ways in terms of delivering business needs and answering briefs with a focus on all aspects of media. You will have the opportunity to develop strategic thinking and planning skills with the need to apply audience insight and strategic rigour to each of the briefs you will interpret, respond to and manage on a regular basis. This role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to grow and establish strong client relationships and campaign management skills.
- Manage a portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, working closely to understand their business challenges
- Owns the response to client briefs – ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class and delivering against client’s targets and objectives, demonstrating a deep understanding of media channels.
- Leads and manages client projects through to completion
- Coordinating the execution of media plans with other internal specialist teams and with media owners,
- Demonstration of an obsession for the client’s business performance at all times, challenging the status quo and driving innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Restless to continuously optimise clients’ campaigns and approaches to market
- Places the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Drive innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Strong internal commercial management including accurate and up to date forecasting, committed management of budgets and commercial action plans and a good eye for delivering profitability and commercial opportunities that will add value to client’s business.
- Oversees the team’s workload and output and owns the appraisal process for direct reports and responsibility for their skills development and performance
- Demonstration of strong upward management skills to ensure that all senior leaders are continually aware of opportunities and risks for clients, the business and people
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for the evolving marketing communications landscape and keeping at the forefront of trends and developments, and inspiring others to do the same
- Act as a cultural lead for the agency by leading by example and inspiring others. Embody the Havas values – entrepreneurial, restless, personable and imaginative
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience as an Account Director within a media agency with fast paced client relationships is a must
- Working knowledge of paid, owned, earned and shared media channels in both digital and offline
- Strong team leadership skills and experience of creating a collaborative team culture
- Proven high level communications experience across a range of client types
- Inspiring presentation skills with clients and in pitches
- Strong business, market, consumer and brand/performance understanding
- Passionate about media and the communications landscape
- Display an agile and innovative way of thinking
The Type of Character We Are Looking For
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and always looking for ways to improve what we do and how we deliver
- Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable, with a fastidious attention to detail
- An organised operator who thrives under the demands
- Gravitas and confidence, someone who can comfortably communicate and relate to all levels of people within a business
- A clear communicator who keeps the use of jargon to a minimum
- A leader, team player and a passionate motivator. We are committed, driven and action oriented, but we also like to have some fun
- Someone who fully understands and will be passionate about our values