Strategy Analyst - Team O2
Reporting To: Analytics Director
About Havas Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, employing over 20,000 people in over 100 countries around the world.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for Havas Group in the UK, as we have just moved to our shiny new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross. This sees all UK agencies and 1700 people come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further our #HavasTogether mantra, bringing media and creative together.
Havas agencies stretch across media, creative, CRM, PR, healthcare, entertainment, and include among others Havas Media, Havas London, Havas Sports & Entertainment and Havas Helia.
About Team O2, Havas UK:
With over 12 million contract customers, O2 is the second-largest mobile network operator in the UK. As a brand, O2 are all about encouraging human connection. Through live, shared experiences they motivate people to 'Breathe it all in' - to use their mobiles as an enabler to experience more. O2 are the largest spending client across the Havas Media UK network and part of the global Telefonica portfolio managed by Havas. As a result of our work, O2 were named the tenth most awarded brand globally in WARC’s Media 100 rankings in 2019. Our clients are on the pulse of all things media and encourage innovation in a soon to be 5G enabled world. On O2, you can expect to work across a diverse range of campaigns - including how they promote high profile music artists at their O2 academies and The O2 arena. On Team O2, there is the perfect combination of performance and brand marketing exposure, showing how brands can build short-term and long-term growth in order to drive business outcomes.
You will be reporting to the Analytics Director, but also will have considerable access and exposure to the Head of Data and the Head of Client Planning, as well as other senior leaders in Team O2. You will be contributing directly to strategic decision making and will work with a wide range of stakeholders across the client. This is a great career development opportunity for a pro-active, confident, articulate, and rigorous self-starter.
The role requires a strong analytical background, an inquisitive mindset, and the ability to interact, challenge and influence credibly at senior levels.
You will take business questions from both internal and external stakeholders and turn these challenges into clear recommendations through analytics. You will be able to apply a broad range of analytical techniques to answer these questions and, in some cases, you will build models or work with existing tools to predict outcomes. Although you will have an area of expertise – this might be econometrics or statistics – you’ll be conversant with other methodologies and comfortable recommending your approach.
- Analytical appraisal of media investment opportunities including marketing/media mix, budgeting and channel optimisation.
- Maintain an ongoing perspective on key trends impacting the business, identifying specific implications and raising these with relevant senior managers.
- Act as a sounding board on strategic issues to senior management.
- Create visually appealing and insightful presentations that share information in a highly efficient manner. This may take the form of reporting tools, PowerPoint presentations, or interactive workshops.
- Working side-by-side with the Client Planning team, you will be unstoppable in client and agency meetings driving the data-driven agenda.
- Working with all teams in Havas, you will help to unlock opportunities to do more work – be it audience research (e.g. unstructured data), new opportunities in data science (e.g. machine learning) or exploring innovation in marketing effectiveness.
• You will place the client’s needs at the heart of all ‘heads-up’, strategic thinking and build strong, meaningful relationships with client peers.
• You will keep in tune with client needs, understanding satisfaction levels and their perception of us as leaders and trusted advisors.
• Help to ‘Sell in’ annual plans / large briefs across all channels to senior clients.
• Work seamlessly with both Planning and Performance teams to ensure brilliant thinking is turned into brilliant implementation.
• Challenge strategy and ideas to ensure they are underpinned by analysis and insight.
• Proven commercial acumen with significant experience and depth of knowledge across on and offline media; a passion for delivery and innovation; strong attention to detail and driven to be relentlessly focussed on identifying and delivering value.
• Supervise and undertake additional projects beyond client responsibilities as requested.
• Understand specific client needs; working with the wider Havas data team to create and develop tailor made services / solutions.
• Act as an evangelist by supporting new business and marketing in all areas including case studies and award entries.
• Work as a collaborative positive team player across Team O2, actively supporting each other and sharing learnings.
• Take ownership of your own skills development with full commitment and attendance to all training and development sessions.
What we’re looking for:
• Undergraduate or higher degree in a numerate subject (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role, ideally agency-side or a client-side marketing effectiveness team.
• Excellent knowledge of Econometrics and the application thereof.
• Working knowledge of Digital Attribution and the application thereof (desirable).
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. R / SAS / Other).
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python / PHP / VBA / Other) would be an advantage.
• Proficient handling large datasets (e.g. SQL / BigQuery / Other).
• Experience in using consumer and market research data generated by tools used in media planning – including 1st and 3rd party data.
• Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Avora / Tableau / Data Studio) is a plus.
• Expert with Excel and PowerPoint.
• You love tackling business questions and think analytically.
• You’re also a curious, strategic problem solver, applying critical thinking at every stage of a media planning process.
• You’re a high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and is always looking for ways to improve what we do.
• You’re highly self-motivated but are happy working as part of a team.
• You are someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable.
• You have strong communication skills with an ability to tell data stories to stakeholders.
• You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• You are interested in the latest trends in data science (desirable).