- Accountable for overall management of client projects and budgets
- Achieves expert knowledge in all aspects of client’s industry and business.
- Responsible and accountable for all work projects and budgets to meet and exceed client expectations.
- “Owns” all processes and outcomes; maintains smooth and productive operations internally and externally.
- Business and Category Acumen: Has deep category and business knowledge and can influence the development of strategy to address the problem we are solving. Is well-versed in all disciplines and the strategic / tactical role each may play in the brand’s marketing architecture.
- Developing People: Sets an example for work ethic, passion and commitment. Understands and leverages the strengths of the team. Actively coaches team members for growth. Always drives the team toward excellence.
- Inspiration and Direction: Interprets client requests and direction to focus agency efforts on providing the best solution to the challenge. Never assumes and inspires the team with his/her commitment to clarity and completeness. Respects the agency-client process while fostering an environment of creativity and innovation.
- Idea Catalyst: Encourages big thinking toward the development of big ideas. Helps shape ideas to satisfy and excite clients. Shows courage in nurturing ideas beyond the expected.
- Creative Advocacy: Plays a contributing role in actively nurturing the development of big creative ideas. Helps push the creative envelope while keeping a knowing eye on where the boundaries lay. Helps pre-condition the client to sell in the idea, and helps protect the big idea once sold.
- Committed to Superior Outcomes: Committed to the relentless pursuit of excellence. Shows conviction through strong rationale and compelling arguments. Stays focused on agreed-upon KPIs. Demonstrates calm in the face of negotiation. Knows when to hold and when to fold.
- Critical Thinking, Both Intuitive and Analytical: Is comfortable with data—can use to support positions and drive decision-making. Knows the distinction between knowledge and insight. Couples analysis with instinct. Asks the right probing questions.
- Communication and Persuasion Skills: Can author a deck with limited oversight. Can confidently present senior-level deck—able to think on his/her feet and answer questions confidently. Serves as the engine room for points of view and recommendations—all based on business realities and dynamics cognizant of objectives and KPIs.
- Operational Excellence: Able to develop a solid game plan for problem-solving. Must be able to pull together the right people, identify the right tasks and timing and keep operations running smoothly and on track. Stays flexible and adjusts as needed with calm and certainty.
- Shows conviction for the agency perspective convincingly with Clients. Is articulate when communicating work and ideas.
- Thinks creatively to solve problems and when dealing with change. Is able to veer from traditional thought.
- Works collaboratively and develops strong partnerships with clients, agency resources and account team.
- Demonstrates passion for the agency, the work and the client’s business.
- Is accountable for own actions, team operations and client interactions.
- Sets high standards and leads by example.
- Actively develops and mentors team members.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Requires at least 7 years’ experience in marketing or communications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrates confidence and the potential to lead teams and represent the agency
- Demonstrates the skills to foster effective teamwork and strong relationships
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and consistently adds value
- Great creative instincts and passion for helping develop and sell award winning creative work
- Commands and fosters an environment of respect and trust
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility
- Embodies Havas’ values