Data & Reporting Manager - Team O2
Reporting To: Head of Data
About Havas Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, employing over 20,000 people in over 100 countries around the world.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for Havas Group in the UK, as we have just moved to our shiny new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross. This sees all UK agencies and 1700 people come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further our #HavasTogether mantra, bringing media and creative together.
Havas agencies stretch across media, creative, CRM, PR, healthcare, entertainment, and include among others Havas Media, Havas London, Havas Sports & Entertainment and Havas Helia.
About Team O2, Havas UK:
With over 12 million contract customers, O2 is the second-largest mobile network operator in the UK. As a brand, O2 are all about encouraging human connection. Through live, shared experiences they motivate people to 'Breathe it all in' - to use their mobiles as an enabler to experience more. O2 are the largest spending client across the Havas Media UK network and part of the global Telefonica portfolio managed by Havas. As a result of our work, O2 were named the tenth most awarded brand globally in WARC’s Media 100 rankings in 2019. Our clients are on the pulse of all things media and encourage innovation in a soon to be 5G enabled world. On O2, you can expect to work across a diverse range of campaigns - including how they promote high profile music artists at their O2 academies and The O2 arena. On Team O2, there is the perfect combination of performance and brand marketing exposure, showing how brands can build short-term and long-term growth in order to drive business outcomes.
You will be reporting to the Head of Data, but also will have considerable access and exposure to the Analytics Director and the Head of Performance, as well as other senior leaders in Team O2. You will lead on campaign reporting and work with a wide range of stakeholders across the team and client. This is a great career development opportunity for a pro-active, confident, articulate, and rigorous self-starter.
The role requires a strong analytical background, an inquisitive mindset, and the ability to interact, challenge and influence credibly at senior levels. You will be able to apply a broad range of data engineering and visualisation skills to provide accurate and timely dashboard reporting for Team O2.
Internally you will warehouse media performance data in the Google Cloud Platform, and you will provide Data Studio dashboards and training to enable self-service. Externally you will transfer clean, aggregated data to the O2 reporting tool, Avora, where you will build client-facing dashboards alongside their own data sources, e.g. brand metrics, store footfall, site visits, etc.
- Design and support ETL processes that manage data coming in from multiple data sources
- Creating and optimising SQL tables and visualising the output in reporting dashboards
- Maintain an ongoing perspective on key trends impacting the business, identifying specific implications and raising these with relevant senior managers.
- Create visually appealing and insightful presentations that share information in a highly efficient manner. This may take the form of reporting tools, PowerPoint presentations, or interactive workshops.
- Act as a sounding board on performance issues to senior management.
- Working side-by-side with the Performance team, you will be unstoppable in client and agency meetings driving the data-driven agenda.
- Working with all teams in Havas, you will help to unlock opportunities to do more work – be it new opportunities in data science (e.g. machine learning) or exploring innovation in marketing effectiveness.
• You will place the client’s needs at the heart of all reporting and build strong, meaningful relationships with client peers.
• You will keep in tune with client satisfaction levels and their perception of us as leaders and trusted advisors.
• Work seamlessly with both Planning and Performance teams to ensure brilliant thinking is underpinned by accurate data and insight.
• Proven commercial acumen with significant experience and depth of knowledge across on and offline media; a passion for delivery and innovation; strong attention to detail and driven to be relentlessly focussed on identifying and delivering value.
• Supervise and undertake additional projects beyond client responsibilities as requested.
• Understand specific client needs; working with the wider Havas data team to create and develop tailor made services / solutions.
• Act as an evangelist by supporting new business and marketing in all areas including case studies and award entries.
• Work as a collaborative positive team player across Havas, actively supporting each other and sharing learnings.
• Take ownership of your own skills development with full commitment and attendance to all training and development sessions.
• Take a pro-active view to talent management, optimising the development opportunities for others and ensuring the appraisal process is adhered to for direct reports (currently one Data & Reporting Exec).
What we’re looking for:
• Undergraduate or higher degree in a numerate subject (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years’ experience in a data analytics or engineering role, ideally agency-side or a client-side marketing effectiveness team.
• Strong knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Avora / Tableau / Data Studio).
• Strong Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
• Strong SQL skills, especially joining and aggregating data accurately.
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python / PHP / VBA / Other).
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. R / SAS / Other) would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of Digital Attribution and the application thereof (desirable).
• Proficient handling of large datasets (e.g. GCP / AWS / Other).
• Experience using brand, consumer and market research data generated by tools used in media planning – including 1st and 3rd party data.
• You think logically and know how to present information clearly and concisely.
• You have strong communication skills with an ability to tell data stories to stakeholders.
• You’re a high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and is always looking for ways to improve what we do.
• You’re highly self-motivated but are happy working as part of a team.
• You are someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable.
• You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• You are interested in the latest trends in media (desirable).