The Director Analytics is responsible for direct management of the Analytics team and working with account teams and their clients to undertake client analytics, back office analytics and decision modeling - including report design, data capture development and implementation processes. This candidate will work with a variety of data sources to continuously evolve the metrics used to measure the effectiveness and ROI of activity across all campaign types.
- Assist in business development and growth by working with partners and clients in developing and implementing new analytical methodologies with a targeted result of increasing revenue.
- Provide marketing performance analysis for client engagements. Understand client’s business goals and requirements, design and develop analytic approaches tailored to its needs.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop client tools and services such as modeling, dashboard development, decision aids and business case analysis to support programs, creative and recommended solutions.
- Work closely with the team in making specific and actionable client recommendations and sell in additional client engagements.
- Develop data strategies (e.g. what we should capture, how we should capture it, and the triggers/decisioning as a result, etc.).
- Partner seamlessly across the enterprise to access information and create and drive strategies and implementation.
- Determine and implement operations procedures and lead the analytic group in the management of projects and resources.
- Cultivate solid relationships with staff, internal partners and clients.
- Marshal change to align with vision of the department and organization.
- Manage a team of 4-6 employees.
- Promote process and organizational efficiency through automation.
- 6+ years of experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence (focused in analytics).
- Pharma experience is a must !
- Experience in the digital media space is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cutting edge analytics techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (from academia and/or other industries).
- Ability to translate data into insights that understand customer needs and behavioral drivers.
- Must have a good understanding of statistical modeling, segmentation, value analysis, as well as reporting for web site, online advertising, social media, mobile, e-mail campaigns and e-commerce activity.
- Must be capable of contributing expertise and leading efforts both in advanced analytics techniques and in ad effectiveness research and analysis.
- Must have a track record of implementing operational excellence (process efficiencies, effective tools and technologies) in an analytics function.
- Will be able to show they have exhibited leadership with conviction and how they have proposed new paths based on analysis findings.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries: ability to share techniques with analytical community.
- Strong knowledge of strategic marketing, media, social, web site analysis, audience targeting tools and vendors, including both quantitative tracking and ad effectiveness research methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills, reporting, dashboarding, modeling and advanced analytics experience is required.
- Advanced MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Preferred: Experience with statistical modeling software (GAUSS, MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS) and enterprise business intelligence tools such as Tableau.